Dan Burn

Rich

8 minutes ago, alexf said:

Said in the other thread, but I find his overlaps abit irritating. He seems to get in the way some times and drags more defenders towards the winger. I'd rather he just stays out the way if its maxi or make a more intelligent movement to either receive the ball or pull a defender a way. 

Yep. The partnership definitely needs work on if it’s going to be same again next two games.

Just now, Coffee_Johnny said:

Leicester QF? 

I mean sure, we can find one single instance to discount my point. I haven’t looked at the stats in detail but I would imagine his xG and xA is the lowest on average in the starting 11 and by a distance, which would be mad considering his height

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

I mean sure, we can find one single instance to discount my point. I haven’t looked at the stats in detail but I would imagine his xG and xA is the lowest on average in the starting 11 and by a distance, which would be mad considering his height

But your point was ‘in an attacking sense he’s our weakest player in every single game’. So, tbf, it only needs one exception to be accurately discounted. 

1 minute ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

But your point was ‘in an attacking sense he’s our weakest player in every single game’. So, tbf, it only needs one exception to be accurately discounted. 

It's half 8 Sunday morning. Let's not go about splitting hairs and just enjoy the nice morning. 

3 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Sure man. You got me 

5 minutes ago, jack j said:

Targett was hardly an overlapping bombing on forward that created loads like...he was neat and tidy but he's being made out to be Roberto Carlos by some

He overlaps better than Burn and gets into better forward positions and has a better delivery from the left. This is not saying Burn needs to be cast aside it’s just recognising that Targett offers something different. Fwiw I think the club brings in an attacking left back in the summer anyway. 

I really like Burn and the contribution he makes to the whole spirit of the side, but in the last few games, he's looked a bit vulnerable. Like a centre back looking awkward out wide. I can see Man U targetting him in the final. 

Think Targett will get a chance as soon as he's fit enough to start.

We know Howe doesn't like changing a winning team and we were just rattling off wins with Burn at LB so can't fault him for not changing.

We've stagnated a bit going forward and having Burn at LB doesn't help. Think it'll be a nice way to freshen up.

Think Burn is going to be a very solid squad player for several years to come. Backup for Botman at LCB who can play at LB in an emergency while being one of the squad's homegrown players. Seems a great dressing room guy too.

The way Howe sets the team up, Burn is supposed to be part of the build up with Botman and Schar. Overlaps/underlaps are supposed to be supplied by the left central midfielder more often than the left back afaict.

Unfortunately there wasn’t a lot of that yesterday but it’s what was happening when it was Willock/Joelinton on the left.

Edited by Smal

1 minute ago, Smal said:

The way Howe sets the team up, Burn is supposed to be part of the build up with Botman and Schar. Overlaps/underlaps are supposed to be supplied by the left central midfielder more often than the left back afaict.

Unfortunately there wasn’t a lot of that yesterday but it’s what was happening when it was Willock/Joelinton on the left.

Looking at yesterday’s pass map backs this up somewhat

image.thumb.png.45b52181481b417628728cb1879037cb.png

ASM wasn’t good but was very isolated and didn’t stand much of a chance really.

1 hour ago, Smal said:

Looking at yesterday’s pass map backs this up somewhat

image.thumb.png.45b52181481b417628728cb1879037cb.png

ASM wasn’t good but was very isolated and didn’t stand much of a chance really.

He was constantly doubled up as soon as he had the ball. Would take Hatem levels of genius to be able to impact the game like that 

4 hours ago, Sempiternal said:

He was constantly doubled up as soon as he had the ball. Would take Hatem levels of genius to be able to impact the game like that 

It could also buy in to the idea that he's not as he should be off the ball when we have it, he's very static and yesterday there were a few occasions when he stood waiting for it and allowed it to be nipped away from him and  he rarely makes runs to get the ball played into his stride.

7 hours ago, duo said:

Dan Burn at LB is one of the reasons we have kept so many cleans sheets.

Why would that matter? lol some folk on here ffs...

According to a few Maxi's problems are everyones fault but his own...Burn not attacking enough, Bruno not playing, Wood when he played.

How any one can point blame at Burn is madness, best defence in Europe and he's been huge! Yesterday he was poor, but still fine. We picked up when Gorden came on and the link up with midfield became quicker again. One touch etc. Not sure Maxi knows what that is tbh. And thats not Burns fault.

2 minutes ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

Why would that matter? lol some folk on here ffs...

According to a few Maxi's problems are everyones fault but his own...Burn not attacking enough, Bruno not playing, Wood when he played.

How any one can point blame at Burn is madness, best defence in Europe and he's been huge! Yesterday he was poor, but still fine. We picked up when Gorden came on and the link up with midfield became quicker again. One touch etc. Not sure Maxi knows what that is tbh. And thats not Burns fault.

Am not sure what your point is - I was just stating a fact.