IPOD's

NE5

I don't have an IPOD so it may be different but for my mp3 player I ripped the cd's onto the pc then drag and dropped the files. Probably be a better way to do it though.

thats what I've done for my daughter........according to the pc the tracks are on the ipod [mp3] but we can't find them on the ipod

You need to make sure you have itunes installed mate. If it is, import all the songs you have on your computer into itunes. Then plug your ipod in and it should sync. Next thing you know all the music in your itunes should be in your ipod :cool:

Edit - I think ipods only work with itunes or something like that. It was designed specifically to work with itunes so that's why you need to make sure you have a) itunes installed and b) the music you want to put on your ipod is actually imported into the itunes 'library'. Hope this helps.

I think i got there in the end. What a fookin farce though. Importing one track at a time onto the bloody thing....bring back mp3 players

:lol:

Just put all your music in one folder before then you can actually import the whole folder in or alternatively, highlight a group of music files and just click add to library, then all the songs you highlighted should be added in :)

Er I don't have that problem on mine. All I do is basically bung all my mp3's into itunes then connect the ipod via usb and it updates it all in about 30 seconds.

hoho....I have about 15gb of mp3 music on my pc mate  :lol:  I think I've sussed it out, next time I'll see what happens, I would still rather she used the mp3 player though.......thanks for the help everybody ......

It sounds like you don't bother rebooting the pc when you connect/disconnect the ipod ?

Getting music from a PC to an iPod is easy, tbh. My wife and kids all have non iPod .mp3 players and the software is all shite when compared to how an iPod works. I bought my son an iPod for Christmas in the drive to get them all away from these non iPod crap .mp3 players. I'll have them all on iPods by the summer.

No need.

surely you should ?

No there's no need to reboot. Just disconnect when it tells you it's safe to. And yeah 15 gigs would take a long time, I can't remember how long it took me when I first got mine years ago, but these days it's just a quick easy update job. Even when I first loaded all my songs on it was really easy to do.

Guest Paul Allen

You can rip the music off the cd's using windows media player then drag and drop them into itunes...or you can use itunes to rip directly from the cd's. when you put the cd in to the drive and open itunes there should be an icon for cd click on it and there should be an option for ripping cd's. I would use the itunes to do it cause it keeps the song name when ripping. If you use Winmedia player it ripps the song but you have to rename the song.

hope that helps

You can rip the music off the cd's using windows media player then drag and drop them into itunes...or you can use itunes to rip directly from the cd's. when you put the cd in to the drive and open itunes there should be an icon for cd click on it and there should be an option for ripping cd's. I would use the itunes to do it cause it keeps the song name when ripping. If you use Winmedia player it ripps the song but you have to rename the song.

hope that helps

I wouldn't recommend using iTunes to convert to .mp3. It does a very poor job.

In my opinion the best way to do this for best audio quality / filesize tradeoff is to rip using EAC, convert using Lame VBR and the switch set to -b 160 -m s -V 0 -B 320 

Try it and see. If you need any help I can send you a MS Word document I made up for a couple of mates that will take you through it step by step.

By the way, you'll find references in iTunes to VBR but it isn't really VBR, more like ABR, the rate only being allowed to vary slightly around the selected rate.  Don't use it, is my suggestion.

My iRiver is a simple drag and drop/copy and paste job. Done in seconds, needs no software.

aye,fm radio and microphone built in,will convert to/from mp3,wma,ogg,wav,no messing with itunes,will even convert my vinyl to mp3...................after experience of iriver and ipod,i river kicks arse,ipod is trendier but nowhere near as good.

only problem with iriver is the controls are fidddly and take a while to get used to.