Forum donations

Yorkie

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/02/2022 at 07:37, elbee909 said:

Monthly set up. Cheers people.

Same. Still not sure about Kazeiro who called me a racist, but fuck it, I love this place and it's still the first place I log in every day. I'm obsessed and it's not healthy.

Set up a monthly donation 👍

Please let us know if there is ever any risk of the forum getting taken down, as that would be devastating. I use N-O every day and it's probably where I spend 90% of my Internet time. Love it 😊

4 minutes ago, Peppe said:

Please let us know if there is ever any risk of the forum getting taken down, as that would be devastating. I use N-O every day and it's probably where I spend 90% of my Internet time. Love it 😊

The forum has a pot with like 30 years of server costs man. You're just funding Beren's shoe collection.

On 03/03/2022 at 07:32, Froggy said:
On 03/03/2022 at 07:27, Peppe said:

The forum has a pot with like 30 years of server costs man. You're just funding Beren's shoe collection.

Wtf, I never thought I'd fall for an Internet scam but there you go. They always get you with what's closest to your heart:whatdidido:

The forum was even down earlier so I guess my money went towards shoes right away :rant:

On 26/01/2022 at 17:18, Disco said:

At the moment N-O pays £35-45 monthly (depending on exchange rate) as HUGZ/Beren have stated but as folk will have noticed sometimes there's still the odd issue or it's a bit slow if it's busy. Both of which are more noticeable since the takeover as there's been more traffic and posts across the site, as Yorkie posted the other week (see below).

z5ac8Wfb_o.jpg

With that in mind we'd love upgrade the specs of the site so this no longer is an issue for anyone accessing or using the site and that it runs smoothly for everyone and most importantly isn't in anyway likely to fall over in the event of something mad/majestic happening.

To do that costs per month would potentially double. At the moment this isn't something that would be sustainable using what we have in the coffers (about 6/7 months of current expenditure) and the regular donations that are already set up hence why we added the donate option to the site.

As a close-knit community that has been through thick and thin together it's only right to give the opportunity for users to contribute to the running costs of the site should they so be inclined. All donations of any sizes are most welcome and all money received only gets spent on keeping N-O running costs. We've seen just recently what happens when a plug gets pulled, and site disappears. We'd hate to ever get near that happening to N-O and our community. 

So with that in mind if anyone can spare a couple of quid or the price of a pint in their local per month it would be most welcome. Likewise if you can't commit to a regular payment and have a few pennies going spare they'll be as equally gratefully received.

Donate via the link at the top of the page or via https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=NAPD4YP9RHTFY

Cheers from your N-O admins.

Howay the lads!

What do you ( the forum people ) pay for ? are the costs related to disc space, as if they were, you could delete some of the 'older' posts, as just checking, in one category there are some that go back to 2006 !!

That may be able to save you some money, if you said never keep a post older than say 5, 6, 8 or 10 years old.

9 minutes ago, South-Cheshire-Toon said:

Just dropped £50.00 in to say thanks for all the years I've been using the forum.

I have to say of all of them that are out there - this is, by far, the best one that fit's my needs.

Cheers mate; it's mainly server costs and the odd subscription that we need to pay to keep everything live, working and with the ability to deal with spikes in activity as we see on matchdays or events like the takeover with no diminished experience for anyone. Plus we want to make sure we're future proofed to a certain degree should anything happen outside of our control. 

We like to keep those old posts; can't let the likes of Ian shy away from his previous, and frankly disgusting, pro-Pardew comments.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Doesn’t seem to be a donate option now.  Still required/an option? 

Still there for me when you go via the three lines in the top right?

No pressing need right now but all donations welcome. :)