Matt Targett

SUPERTOON

Just now, Ricksmissinglimb said:

Missed this guy big time today, BDB is not a lb as admirable as he did preforme

I think this really affected our shape, fine defensively but didn't get an overlapping on the left.

2 hours ago, pubteam said:

I think this really affected our shape, fine defensively but didn't get an overlapping on the left.

Agreed, he did really well defending but you could tell ASM was struggling without another threat nearby. Everyone knows Burn is not going to drive forward so they're free to double team Maxi.

12 minutes ago, Miercoles said:

Agreed, he did really well defending but you could tell ASM was struggling without another threat nearby. Everyone knows Burn is not going to drive forward so they're free to double team Maxi.

I believe he did make a run once but he isn't a threat on the wing so yea.

7 hours ago, madras said:

Given Trippiers performance today I could see an argument for going 3 at the back like Eddie likes to do at Chelsea.

So Botman, Burn and Targett could start. Targett as wing back.

I’d go for this as well, drop Willock.

Still not back in training, and Howe had made more post-match comments on him that I wasn't aware of:

“He got a dead leg last week to his hamstring. We felt it was just a knock, but we had a scan and it showed very, very subtle damage to the muscle.

“We’re treating it like a very small muscle strain, but we’re hoping he will be back soon.”

Again no disrespect to Burn, here but rather see Krafth or Manquillo play as a fullback (if that means Manquillo to LB or Trips to LB) and Krafth moving to the right. 

Burn was good but we looked very imbalanced in attack. If we do go with  3 CBs and 2 wingbacks, then fair enough. 

Actually, with Burn as a 3rd CB we can afford to play a right footer over there. I think I'd be inclined to stick Manquillo there. Play Wilson and ASM up top, marked by the CBs, Manquillo cuts inside, dragging the FB out of position and ASM is in. Something like that.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, jack j said:

Anyone else think his corners were better than trippiers when he came on?

Trippier’s corners delivery today was some of the worst we’ve seen from him but he’s still one of the best dead ball players in the league. Think it was the right call giving the free kick to Schar at the end though