Matt Targett

SUPERTOON

1 minute ago, Rich said:

I am shocked by this take.

It’s bang average, but addresses an area of need and means we can go back in for a priority target in summer without too much of a short-term hit to the finances.

I would rather play Lewis there and see if he could develop if we’re not signing a new LB now.

Manquillo would be adequate cover

I’m pleased the deal is only a loan for the above reason you’ve stated though.

I don’t think Howe rates Lewis at all, sadly.

Chucking Dummett in half-fit and then picking Manquillo over him at Leeds looked like the death knell to me. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him out on loan if this goes through.

1 minute ago, buzza said:

Great to have two proper left footed defenders, Burn can cover both positions. great signings.

Get rid of clark and Dummet now for two packets of salt and vinegar crisps

Would even take two packets of space raiders for those two

2 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

What's in this for Villa? Not complaining. If I supported Aston Villa, I think I would.

Put him in the transfer window? Bought Digne who will be the starter and Targett will probably fetch a decent fee from someone in the summer to recoup some money.

6 minutes ago, gdm said:

He’s an upgrade but I’m happy for someone to tell me I’m wrong but wouldn’t we be better bringing in another centre half and playing Burn at left back where he’s played for Brighton? 

Dan Burn suits playing as a CB more I think. 

I looked at Brighton's last 5 games or so and he's started as a left sided centre half in their back 4 for those games.

Obviously it's a plus that he's a very flexible player which is why Potter likes him so much. 

He's pretty tall as well at 6ft, we have clearly tried to add some height in the team with adding Wood, Burn, the new Henry and Trippier has a leap on him. Clearly identified as a weakness but also players that mostly are comfortable on the ball

4 minutes ago, Rich said:

I don’t think Howe rates Lewis at all, sadly.

Chucking Dummett in half-fit and then picking Manquillo over him at Leeds looked like the death knell to me. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him out on loan if this goes through.

Dummett started at Leeds. Went off exhausted in the second half. Manquillo was demonstrably better. I can see why you mightve forgot all about Dummett. I think Lewis must be the one he doesn't rate. Wins the spot from Ritchie, goes down injured, and doesn't return. 

4 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

SSN just said this deal might include an option to buy, not just a straight 6mnth loan.

As long as just an option that's good business if he does well easy to sort and if not straight back you go.

Targett and Burn should be solid defensively like, so I'm happy with those. Not Digne and Carlos, but still good and smart signings.

The only thing that doesn't make sense with Targett is Villa going from 2 good left backs, one attacking and one defensive, to leaving themselves with only one. You'd think they're bringing someone else through or signing/loaning a replacement.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Targett and Burn should be solid defensively like, so I'm happy with those. Not Digne and Carlos, but still good and smart signings.

The only thing that doesn't make sense with Targett is Villa going from 2 good left backs, one attacking and one defensive, to leaving themselves with only one. You'd think they're bringing someone else through or signing/loaning a replacement.

They play Ashley young there