Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

4 hours ago, The College Dropout said:
On 16/03/2022 at 11:17, Froggy said:

You’ve moved the goalposts. You said only Micah was attacking Ralf. Now 3 more pundits have done the same

I don't remember saying anyone attacked him. I wasn't aware of it at all. If I did I must have been drunk. :lol:

Sensational result for West Ham, knocking Sevilla out. If it wasn't for my total boredom at English clubs consistently making up the semis and finals in European competition, I'd like to see them go all the way. On a similar note, God it's a sickener that Barcelona are in that tournament. It's not for the likes of them. :lol:

Nice to see the Norwegians progressing again in the LDV Vans League. 

10 minutes ago, Wullie said:

CL draw:

Chelsea vs Real Madrid

Man City vs Atleti

Villarreal vs Bayern

Benfica vs Liverpool

Fancy all 3 English clubs to go through.

Chelsea seem to struggle with injuries in key positions though. They killed Real with squadd depth last season off the bench.

Madrid it's the old boys with the quality + Vini. The rest generally aren't difference makers. And Vini & Benz are the only consistent goal threat.

I think if Real are to win the likes of Valverde & Camavinga need to be utilised and play at their best.

I've always rated Ancelotti at top clubs. And he's not giving Bale, Hazard & Jovik a sniff which makes me think they are not up to it. They barely make it off the bench. Rodrygo & the other lad are not up to it at the highest level but are seemingly better options. That's how bad they must be.

QF1: Bodø/Glimt v Roma
QF2: Feyenoord v Slavia Prague
QF3: Marseille v PAOK
QF4: Leicester City v PSV Eindhoven

All set up nicely for Mourinho to get another arse-kicking off Glimt.

That'll be Leicester playing in Eindhoven on the Thursday before our game, then? Could potentially be handy. 

Semis is:

Leicester/PSV v Bodo/Roma

Feyenoord/Slavia v Marseille/PAOK

Only seven European honours between all of those teams, the most recent being Feyenoord who won the Waffa in 2002. Was astonished that Roma have only one European honour to their name; the Fairs Cup in 1961!

Will be great to see a different team lifting a piece of European silverware at the end of it. Rooting for Bodo and PAOK.

Rangers knocked Braga out a couple of years back, beat them home and away. 

Leicester v Roma in the semis if they both progress. Tasty. Love that the final is in Albania, superb conferencing.

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

That'll be Leicester playing in Eindhoven on the Thursday before our game, then? Could potentially be handy.

Pretty sure Rodgers has already said the Conf is now priority for them too.