Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

That was so fucked up what happened to Mutu. Especially considering the fact it’s almost certain a lot of the current PL lot get on the sniff. He made a mistake and they destroyed him. 

I can’t remember where I was reading it but tons of speculation that some of Grealish’s injuries were just cover for popping for drugs 

Aye I was thinking maybe they'd looked back on that and decided not to go down that route again as they have a duty of care for the players. Not sure why if its performance enhancing though because surley that then effects the fairness of the competition?

Guest neesy111

Souness knows nothing about the business side of football.  Some horseshite there.

Edited by neesy111

18 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

That was so fucked up what happened to Mutu. Especially considering the fact it’s almost certain a lot of the current PL lot get on the sniff. He made a mistake and they destroyed him. 

I can’t remember where I was reading it but tons of speculation that some of Grealish’s injuries were just cover for popping for drugs 

Lots of rumours this was the crack with Wilshire too ive read.

12 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Ye ever tried to play after a line? (Not that I have, endorse, or ever would) don’t reckon it helps that much aside upping your heart attack risk. 

“Cocaine in sport .Despite the popular myth, cocaine does not really enhance performance, whether in the job, in sports, at school, or during sex. “

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2657493/

Pretty much all studies concur there was no competitive advantage for sports. 

It enhances the amount of drinks you can neck and shapes you can pull but thats probably it. Maybe the amount of ridicule when you try and thumb it in.

Rio missing the drugs test back around 2002/3, or maybe it was later.

Heard from a reliable source at the time that the FA and club were putting huge pressure on the PL to make it go away, but they had to compromise on an 8 month ban.

Probably the lesser of two evils if they had of thrown the book at him like Mutu (around the same time). Was exact same situation.

7 hours ago, ManDoon said:

Ye ever tried to play after a line? (Not that I have, endorse, or ever would) don’t reckon it helps that much aside upping your heart attack risk. 

“Cocaine in sport .Despite the popular myth, cocaine does not really enhance performance, whether in the job, in sports, at school, or during sex. “

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2657493/

Pretty much all studies concur there was no competitive advantage for sports. 

If you hit the sweet spot it absolutely enhances effort, enthusiasm, confidence, stamina, alertness and if not strength then perception of strength like. Even then stuff like speed and mdma will give some of the same benefits. Shrooms can set your inner-trigonometry to God mode as well :lol: - not saying playing football on shrooms is going to be anything other than a disaster obviously, but imagine if you microdosed or only got that one enhancement and you were a snooker player or something.

14 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

If you hit the sweet spot it absolutely enhances effort, enthusiasm, confidence, stamina, alertness and if not strength then perception of strength like. Even then stuff like speed and mdma will give some of the same benefits. Shrooms can set your inner-trigonometry to God mode as well :lol: - not saying playing football on shrooms is going to be anything other than a disaster obviously, but imagine if you microdosed or only got that one enhancement and you were a snooker player or something.

Kid Icarus=Howard Marks

Guest HTT II

The football LFC played at times last night was another level, and the football Man Utd never played was as bad as anything Bruce served up for us. Ralf is such a fake as are most for their players, starting Jones in 2022 man [emoji38]

Edited by HTT II

On 15/04/2022 at 11:06, Yorkie said:

Barcelona president Joan Laporta told his club's television channel: "Frankly what happened makes me feel embarrassed and ashamed. There were many fans of the other team and not many of ours.

"I'm very sorry for what has happened.

"What we can avoid are certain situations but as of now, we will have to be much more strict. We can't allow these situations to happen."

How did this actually happen, @Village Idiot?

Massive touting. It's being said that around 20k STs are directly or indirectly controlled by touts. Touting is extremely lucrative, Barça STs are very cheap compared to other big European clubs, and demand is sky-high. This has been an issue for decades, but the club has never dropped the hammer on it because STs are votes.

Laporta has announced it will move to digital personalised tickets to make it harder to resell tickets outside of the club free seat system. Will see.

Edited by Village Idiot

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, Village Idiot said:

Massive touting. It's being said that around 20k STs are directly or indirectly controlled by touts. Touting is extremely lucrative, Barça STs are very cheap compared to other big European clubs, and demand is sky-high. This has been an issue for decades, but the club has never dropped the hammer on it because STs are votes.

Laporta has announced it will move to digital personalised tickets to make it harder to resell tickets outside of the club free seat system. Will see.

Aye when we went a few years back you could literally see hundreds of people touting tickets all around the stadium and even in pubs and restaurants days before the actual match, it was even worse on the day. I pre booked ours on the Barca website I think.

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Would be good if we were the ones that really ended Liverpool’s hopes next week with a 4-3.

I think either City or Liverpool are gonna get an unsuspected league defeat by the end of the season. Us beating Liverpool would be brilliant.

Loving the Man United meltdown tbh, so arrogant they can't realise this is what the rest of the league has been putting up with for about 10 years now and they are just eventually getting a taste of it. Slagging off the glazers because they aren't competing when they've spent a fortune don't remember our anti Ashley protests getting as much sympathy.