Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

Liverpool vs Madrid final is such a great final, but also its grim as fuck, two set of entitled, self aggrandizing, cuntish clubs who seem to always seem to have a chip on there shoulders.

When there's any possibility at all of extra time, I always think you should try and keep your best creative players on, just in case. When KDB went off, I thought to myself, you might regret doing that. 

What a shambles from City from moment they went behind on 90 until end of ET. It was in the bag for them, totally lost their heads. Peps subs backfired while Ancelotti's, which seemed a gamble, paid off.

Real spoilt it well once ahead and ref was bit off on some decisions, but that utter mess served up by City was of all their own making. 

When are City going to realise when the chips are down you need an actual striker up front. All these soft/small attacking mids/wingers in ET was piece of piss for Real to hold off. Hoofing balls for Sterling, Silva, Foden and Grealish to do what with!? :lol:

Edited by hakka

First manager to reach five CL finals. Won the league in Spain, England, France, Germany, Italy. Doesn't spout philosophies, doesn't fight with anyone. Absolutely respectful to the opposition players, fans, no controversial statements. Definitely must be considered in the conversation for the GOAT.

3 minutes ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

He's had three years to replace Aguero. And Kane and Haaland aren't the only two 9s in the world. City need 2/3 proper 9s. They currently have none.

One reason they are so dominant is that they don’t have a 9 and instead use fluid attacking midfielders. It’s true that they should have a kind of ’plan B’ option of hoying in a centre forward and Pep did try to get Kane.

Have to say i kind of enjoyed the ref doing this to City, happens every fricking time to us when we play them. :lol:

The 3 minutes extra time and then blowing at 2:50 was pure gold.

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Paid per game in Europe. Nobody fancies working late without overtime like. Bet he just wanted a bath.

Genuinely does irritate me! Something should be done about how they calculate injury time etc. I'd certainly be all for stopping the watch every time the ball isn't within the pitch markings. I know it's been something that FIFA have discussed alongside changing games to 80minutes.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

I just can't get over how poor Real Madrid are like, you'd absolutely love your team winning like that obviously, but the way they play seems so basic

Ancelotti's tactic this year has been to win games when making subs in the 60-70th minute. 

Guest neesy111
Just now, Geordie Ahmed said:

Did he though?

If Grealish scores/assists like he should have then it would have been a comfortable win 

It was fine except for 3 mins in the first 90.  Can't blame manager for that, players have to take responsibility. 

1 minute ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

City have been knocked out on away goals twice haven't they? And now when it could (in theory I guess) have worked for them it's scrapped, canny unlucky that 

Wait, what?