Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

Owen's salty tears of unfathomable sadness were succulent. The ultimate playground level of argument, lose the game and just claim you're better anyway.

Inject it.

8 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Didn't realise they hadn't beaten a top 4 team. Knew they didn't beat City.

They did in the FA Cup when City the City reserve keeper had a mare. City got it back to 2-3 from 0-3. Other than that though, no. Villareal did the hard work for them in the CL.

Imagine if Pep had lost this game in this manner. He'd be getting pelters. Chelsea and City had no problem scoring against Real.

2 minutes ago, NUFCDoog said:

Gerrard and Owen fucking hell - "Liverpool are the best team ever, yeah didn't win the league or this, but just unlucky init, Liverpool best team in the World, don't need to win things to know that, trust"

I’d be pissed off if I was a Villa fan the way Gerrard is slavvering over them.

1 minute ago, hakka said:

They limited Madrid to 4 shots and 2 on target. They soaked up huge amounts of chances from Liverpool. Another day and Liverpool score 3 of them. They did well but not enough to beat the keeper who was in the finest of form.

A world class goalkeeper making world class saves.  It doesn’t half help to beat other teams when you’ve got world class players - it’s not exactly Montgomery in ‘73; a mediocre keeper having the game of his life.  There’s nothing to suggest that ‘on another day’ they all go in.

They were beaten by a better side. 

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Was thinking the same. Chelsea were gutted he went werent they?

See I think Dubravka's a really good keeper but he gets plenty of criticism from our fans on social media. Maybe that's what Courtois was referring to?

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Guess they're not allowed to take it off immediately anymore?

Big believer that you wear that runners up medal and let it weigh heavy so you don’t forget the feeling of losing. 

3 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

🤷‍♂️ yet they didn't score for the 3rd cup final in a row...some one on the other page has just said they are in the top 5 club sides of all time. Absolutely hilarious.

In two of those finals neither did the other side. It's a moot point, you don't just measure Liverpool on 3 finals and that's it, especially without considering what happened in some of them. 

Edited by hakka

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Guess they're not allowed to take it off immediately anymore?

Alexander-Arnold just did.  Cunt.

Steve Finnan was a better defender than him.  Whopper.

Just now, hakka said:

In two of those finals neither did the either side. It's a moot point, you don't just measure Liverpool on 3 finals and that's it, especially without considering what happened in some of them. 

They are a top side but the love in for them and media hype has got well out of hand sorry like. Over the moon they've been beat and their fans shown up.

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

A world class goalkeeper making world class saves.  It doesn’t half help to beat other teams when you’ve got world class players - it’s not exactly Montgomery in ‘73; a mediocre keeper having the game of his life.  There’s nothing to suggest that ‘on another day’ they all go in.

They were beaten by a better side. 

I think the concept that all 9 saves today were routine for this keeper and he'd always save them is foolish. He had a fantastic performance. 

Just now, Sima said:

I’d be pissed off if I was a Villa fan the way Gerrard is slavvering over them.

Same.

I also don’t totally get this Gerard is just waiting for the Liverpool job. He may get it at one stage, but doesn’t mean he will have success.  Far better managers than him around.