Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

8 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Honestly worst ref performance I've ever seen. Allowed to hack us down constantly and not get yellows. 

Not sure we can say we deserved it either to be fair. Just got pure shithoused. Atletico are a fucking shite side.

1447692880-soaps-eastenders-phil-mitchell-drinking-3.jpg.7f69a5ba3d677e2a9dc837a396192218.jpg

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

The younger generation will be what we were like when people went on like that about Liverpool in the '90s. Wondering why the fuck they're all going on like that about a club that's absolutely nowhere near it.

Guest neesy111
Just now, ManDoon said:

Break the bank to sign Llorente in the summer. 

Very underrated.  Smeone's favourite player now I think.

6 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Still at least the Man Utd fans had a lovely day out, turned up early, filled the megastore, sang for 10 minutes, booed the ref, cheered their captain getting subbed, got on Rashford back again and hurled bottles at Simeone.

Hate to see it. 

@Froggy I think it was this thread where I said the pundit media had turned on Ralf and this is further proof. Scholes, Hargreaves and Ferdinand basically said Ralf was not good enough or qualified to be Man Utd manager in any capacity. 

and Rio said something that is very true. Neville in particular is a big proponent of the ‘Manchester United way’ of long-term managers only and not getting an a-list manager who may only be there for 2-3 years and he cites Mourinho as proof that it doesn’t work.  Rio said they didn’t get prime Mourinho that’s why it didn’t work. Had Mourinho replaced Fergie he would’ve won major trophies in his first couple of seasons. Mourinho and Van Gaal despite being past there best are still the only post Fergie managers to win trophies at Man Utd. 

Man Utd keep missing the boat on the best managers available. 

10 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

@Froggy I think it was this thread where I said the pundit media had turned on Ralf and this is further proof. Scholes, Hargreaves and Ferdinand basically said Ralf was not good enough or qualified to be Man Utd manager in any capacity. 

and Rio said something that is very true. Neville in particular is a big proponent of the ‘Manchester United way’ of long-term managers only and not getting an a-list manager who may only be there for 2-3 years and he cites Mourinho as proof that it doesn’t work.  Rio said they didn’t get prime Mourinho that’s why it didn’t work. Had Mourinho replaced Fergie he would’ve won major trophies in his first couple of seasons. Mourinho and Van Gaal despite being past there best are still the only post Fergie managers to win trophies at Man Utd. 

Man Utd keep missing the boat on the best managers available. 

First and foremost, Rio Ferdinand is an absolute gluebag, so I would take anything he says with a pinch of salt. Hargreaves is a boring fence sitter and Scholes eats his daughters toenails. Robbie Savage is a prick as well. Worst team ever assembled on BT Sport last night.

I would argue that we did get Mourinho in his prime. 12 months prior to us signing him he had just won two trophies with Chelsea. 

Find the criticism appearing for Rangnick baffling to be honest. Against City we were arguably the better side in the first half and people were saying the difference in us under Ralf and Ole (clear plan etc. etc.) was night and day, and then the same people over a week later are saying he's out of his depth and not qualified enough.

At the end of the day, Rangnick wasn't brought in to be the long term manager. He's going to be upstairs soon doing what he is good at and developing the club. He's probably going to have a massive say in transfers in the future, and he has now seen the dressing room and is in a good position to sort the team out and get rid of all the passengers. I actually can't wait for the summer to see the back of half that team.

Nobody expected him to come in and make us title challengers or Champions League winners. It was a short term, get to the end of the season job and hopefully qualify for the CL so we are still in a position to attract the best players in the summer.

Edited by Froggy

5 hours ago, ManDoon said:

Ragnick is hamstrung by the midfield tbh, I can sort of understand not playing Pogba as if he decided to half arse against Atleti it’s curtains, but McTominay and Fred is not a CL or even a top 6 prem mid. Then you’ve got Ronaldo who is essentially a poacher. Sancho and Elanga are both young, the defence is ass. They aren’t a good team, the recruitment has been horrendous

I love the two of them. They're definitely going to be an important part of the squad, and they both have desire which is what most of the team lacks.

We do need a top quality centre mid though, but I'm not sure what's out there at the minute apart from Rice. If Ronaldo leaves in the summer along with Cavani I can see us spunking most of the budget on a striker. Or we could go for Rice and play Rashford up top. *shudder*

All hypothetical anyway. We might be signing nobody if Arsenal hold their nerve.