Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

Just now, HTT II said:

His numbers were pretty poor up until last season, he’s a moody, diving, selfish one trick pony type player. We bemoan ASM a lot for his faults, but he’s twice the player of Zaha.

He’s got double figures for goals in 3 of his last 4 seasons, 2 of them in a Roy Hodgson side, his numbers are miles ahead of ASM

6 minutes ago, wormy said:

I didn't realise just how young this Arsenal team was. Starting XI all 25 or under aside from Xhaka and Partey at 29.

If they can progress together Arsenal could actually be back on track in a big way. 

Yeah, I was noting that just a bit ago, too. Nice group to grow. 

I like Zaha quite a bit, but I think he has been playing bigman football as the best player at a lower-tier side for too long and has gained bad habits. He is isolating himself and delaying play far too much. The consistent crying to ref is also a symptom of being the best player and placated to for too long at the club. At this stage, he'd struggle to adjust his style. Even with the players Palace have now, he would benefit from altering the way he plays.

1 minute ago, LionOfGosforth said:

White is a right clumsy fucker like

Looks and acts like an absolute helmet and all. Would defo be on Love Island and promoting club nights in Essex, if he wasn’t a pro-footballer. 

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

He’s got double figures for goals in 3 of his last 4 seasons, 2 of them in a Roy Hodgson side, his numbers are miles ahead of ASM

He takes penalties for Palace that's why his goal stats are inflated vs ASM. scored 5 penalties last season alone.

5 minutes ago, wormy said:

I didn't realise just how young this Arsenal team was. Starting XI all 25 or under aside from Xhaka and Partey at 29.

If they can progress together Arsenal could actually be back on track in a big way. 

The big question again is whether you can sustain this spending without CL. If they get CL this year then they have completely justified the gamble and they’re beautifully placed to capitalize. They’ll be able to re-sign the guys whose contracts are winding down as well. If they go yet another year without CL it’s going to be a real problem.

Just now, Mazzy said:

He takes penalties for Palace that's why his goal stats are inflated vs ASM. scored 5 penalties last season alone.

He hasn’t always taken them, Benteke was penalty taker before last season 

7 minutes ago, HTT II said:

His numbers were pretty poor up until last season, he’s a moody, diving, selfish one trick pony type player. We bemoan ASM a lot for his faults, but he’s twice the player of Zaha.

Other way around.  I’d swap ASM for Zaha in a heartbeat.

6 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

White is a right clumsy fucker like

Both he and Gabriel have a mistake in them big time.

Saliba is going to be massive for them this season. He seems the only one that is really composed and calm.

11 minutes ago, HTT II said:

On output of goals and assists Maxi is nowhere near as good as Zaha, I can't stand him but the bloke scored 14 goals last season, Maxi hasn't managed that in his entire time here.

Guest HTT II

Overall his numbers do not equate to the hype he regularly attracts as a so-called top player, there is a reason he’s been stuck at Palace for years… ASM pisses me off no end with his histrionics, Zaha would send me over the edge!

5 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Overall his numbers do not equate to the hype he regularly attracts as a so-called top player, there is a reason he’s been stuck at Palace for years… ASM pisses me off no end with his histrionics, Zaha would send me over the edge!

Are you comparing them to each other because they both play left wing, or if there an agenda here?

13 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Looks and acts like an absolute helmet and all. Would defo be on Love Island and promoting club nights in Essex, if he wasn’t a pro-footballer. 

Saw the interview where he said wants people to start calling him Benjamin not Ben and hates watching football. Strange guy :lol:

14 minutes ago, 54 said:

Birmingham currently 2-0 up against Huddersfield, feel like the later is going to struggle massively this year.

I heard their manager - some proper PFM shite - being interviewed the other day. Certainly the 'get it up 'em and 'av it type'.