Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I'm so glad you posted this man. I was going to go to bat for Iwobi when I saw that, but couldn't be arsed.

He's been really good in central midfield. I've been so happy for him so far this season. The assist to Gordon tonight was lush.

Lampard is showing me some stuff so far. Considering the upheaval with Richarlison leaving and DCL going down I thought you'd be a mess to start the season.

Frank is proving to be infinitely better than Gerrard that's for sure.

Yeah, he's done a better job than he gets credit for I think.

We're lacking goals and have been suffering from having no striker available in these opening games, but Lampard has at least made us much more solid and harder to beat than we were. They've quite clearly targeted getting the right 'type' of player in as well this summer - Coady, Tarkowski, McNeil etc. Not the most exciting but will give us a decent base to rebuild with. 

I thought we also played some good counter attacking stuff tonight and created the best chances despite Leeds possession.  The VAR offside was extremely harsh as well.

10 minutes ago, Froggy said:

IMG-20220830-WA0043.jpg

IMG-20220830-WA0042.jpg

IMG-20220830-WA0041.jpg

Too small. 

Che Adams and Adam Armstrong have to stand on top of each other in one coat to get in the pictures tbf.

Edit: ah they're all vs Southampton, ignore. :lol:

17 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I'm so glad you posted this man. I was going to go to bat for Iwobi when I saw that, but couldn't be arsed.

He's been really good in central midfield. I've been so happy for him so far this season. The assist to Gordon tonight was lush.

Lampard is showing me some stuff so far. Considering the upheaval with Richarlison leaving and DCL going down I thought you'd be a mess to start the season.

Frank is proving to be infinitely better than Gerrard that's for sure.

I don’t think they are in any danger of going down. Maupay is a perfect backup for DCL and while their signings aren’t sexy they are really good for where Everton are right now.  Gordon, Patterson and Iwobi have really impressed me so far too.

Edited by Pata

12 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Chelsea looked really poor from what I watched, doesn’t seem to be any fluidity in how they play.

Find it incomprehensible that they haven’t bought a striker.

It’s driving me nuts. 

1 hour ago, Pata said:

I don’t think they are in any danger of going down. Maupay is a perfect backup for DCL and while their signings aren’t sexy they are really good for where Everton are right now.  Gordon, Patterson and Iwobi have really impressed me so far too.

Really hard to call who will go down this year I think. After Bournemouth I'm kind of struggling. 

Everton have Liverpool, Arsenal and West Ham next so decent chance they are winless after 8 games. 

2 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Really hard to call who will go down this year I think. After Bournemouth I'm kind of struggling. 

Everton have Liverpool, Arsenal and West Ham next so decent chance they are winless after 8 games. 

Yeah, I thought about the same after writing that post. :lol: Real chance some big club goes down this year and it could very well be Everton tbh.

15 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Cucurella and James are basically attackers TBF, problem is they can’t sort the back 3 to allow them to attack. Fofana is the key signing. 

They need an inform Kante as well. They are going to be fine when they gel. Koulibaly-Silva-Fofana is far better than their back three last year as well. Cucurrella and Chilwell on the left, James on the right. Broja looked energetic yesterday and might help them a lot. Havertz, Sterling and Mount will be fine as well. Just a bad start to the season. Give them a month or two and they’ll be up there fighting for top 4 again. 

@brummierealistically, Villa will struggle to get anything from tonight or against Man City. The Leicester game could be one of those ugly draws from two teams devoid of confidence. How bad would it have to get for him to get the sack do you think?