Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

5 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Chelsea look rough here. Just me who thinks Tuchel's spunked loads of cash and not really improved them much?

Worse squad than last season for me. Don’t know how involved in deals he is though, that Todd Baldy bloke has been doing all sorts of bad deals.

16 minutes ago, KaKa said:

This Chelsea team is such a mess. 

They've just done too much recruitment wise and it doesn't seem to have been that well thought out.

So terrible to watch.

Not being funny, but you’ve been pretty defensive about Forests 21 signings and their scattergun approach, yet call Chelsea’s 9 signings “too much recruitment” and “doesn’t seem to have been that well thought out”? I know NFFC needed signings after a lot of loan players went back to parent clubs, but they’ve been FAR worse in recruitment than Chelsea imo. 

9 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Not being funny, but you’ve been pretty defensive about Forests 21 signings and their scattergun approach, yet call Chelsea’s 9 signings “too much recruitment” and “doesn’t seem to have been that well thought out”? I know NFFC needed signings after a lot of loan players went back to parent clubs, but they’ve been FAR worse in recruitment than Chelsea imo. 

Defensive about Forest? Why would I be? :lol: 

Anyway Forest just came up having lost a lot of players and seriously lacking quality as far as the players they had in the team, and so they've gone all in, perhaps overly so, but they've decided to throw everything at it. You can kind of see what they're trying to do. Pretty much gone for huge numbers banking on a good number of the players producing enough to keep them up.

For Chelsea, I just don't understand what they're doing. They've bought in areas they didn't really need to and have neglected the areas that needed upgrading.

Can't believe how many defenders they've bought in recently while completely neglecting midfield. I don't understand how they've spent so much but don't have a quality midfielder that makes things happen creatively, which all the other top teams have (us included!). Their striker options are also horrendous considering the money they've been throwing around.

Chelsea :lol:

I get they needed to replace their defense given they lost Christenson and Rudiger, and they needed to lower the age in general - but they are sat with a handful of modern attacking wing forwards and no focal point.