Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

On 17/09/2022 at 19:04, Conjo said:

Very brave of Lage to persist with Collins. He's Bramble on speed. Worst CB in the league?

So wrong. He's 21 and has gone straight in as part of one of the best defences in the league. He's rash at times but overall an excellent player for his age

2 hours ago, triggs said:

So wrong. He's 21 and has gone straight in as part of one of the best defences in the league. He's rash at times but overall an excellent player for his age

Maybe I've caught him on bad days, but the last 3 or 4 matches I've seen him play he's been directly at fault for Burnley and Wolves dropping points doing crazy shit. Not like a small lapse of concentration like Bramble, but playing volleyball inside his own area and ninja kicking his opponents. :lol: Just seems a complete liability.

12 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Maybe we're just his bogey team because I also think he's looked poor when I've seen him in those matches and in the other odd couple I've caught little bits of.

He looked pretty awful against us this season, and end of last season was that handball so could be. :lol:

image.thumb.png.f5d21fd83273cf64c8029b9da7bf27b6.png

Can't remember the situation, but he was responsible for the one goal in their 1-0 loss to Tottenham a few weeks back too.

1 hour ago, Conjo said:

He looked pretty awful against us this season, and end of last season was that handball so could be. :lol:

image.thumb.png.f5d21fd83273cf64c8029b9da7bf27b6.png

Can't remember the situation, but he was responsible for the one goal in their 1-0 loss to Tottenham a few weeks back too.

Kane sold him a dummy at a corner and ended up with a free header at point blank range. Tbf, he’d done pretty well up to that point.

Edited by leffe186

1 hour ago, KingArthur said:

I thought Paqueta looked very slow. New league and team and all that, but needs to improve a lot.

He looked way off the pace, will give him benefit of the doubt but was miles off it.

1 hour ago, 1878 said:

Brutal 

Wew ... Iwobi as your profile picture! Bet you never thought that would happen :lol:

I'm so so happy about how well it's turning around for him. For so long we've tried to figure out his best position and it really seems to be that left sided central mid in a three. Just never quite worked out as a left winger or in the number 10, which was his preference.

Hope Nigeria takes note and changes the setup to feature him in a similar role going forward. He's played in a midfield two for us more recently, but don't think it allows him quite as much freedom to get forward.