2021 Forum Awards

Kaizero

Are just around the corner, I hope it's better late than never :love: Been a weird past few months, but we're taken over, we've bought players and posters have returned from the dead - so before the nomination process begins I thought it would be good to hear if there's any ideas for additions/removals of categories.

Edited by Kaizero

• Kaizero changed the title to 2021 Forum Awards

Btw, I know it’s all let’s be nice to one another these days, but I wouldn’t be averse to some shit housery type nominations and categories for cunts, worst poster etc. 

2 hours ago, gbandit said:

We need a best returning poster category as we’ve seen some big returns since the end of last year 

Was going to be my suggestion.

On 07/02/2022 at 22:21, Tomato Deuce said:

Can you give us the categories? I don’t remember them all.

These were the categories in 2020:

Best Football Poster
Worst Football Poster
Best Chat Poster
Best Games Poster
Best Foreigner
Best Newcomer
Best Overall Poster
Funniest Poster
Most Likable Poster
Most Knowledgeable Poster
Most Repetitive Poster
Most Boring Poster
Poster You'd Most Like to Meet
Poster You Wish Would Come Back/Post More Often
Poster Most Likely to be a Serial Killer
Best Meal Created by a Poster
Worst Meal Created by a Poster

Post of the Year
The Jon Lockwood Award for Outstanding Long-Term Achievement

The ones underlined were always intended to be one-offs. Most Repetitive Poster is essentially just Most Boring Poster so I'm thinking that one is out.

That leaves us with 15 categories. 16 including Best Returning Poster, which will be an addition this year. Preferably we're in the 18-20 territory category wise as that has been the sweet spot the past few years to get enough nominations in.

When it comes to negative categories, I understand the appeal if everyone takes it in jest - but when we've had them, some posters have been genuinely sad by being in the running or even nominated. Even the extremely in-jest Most Likely to be a Serial Killer hurt the feelings of certain posters involved. We don't know the mindset of every poster on here, and it could do someone who is depressed harm seeing their name nominated for a negative category. Having had a tough time recently myself, I know it'd have hurt me a lot more than it would during a time I wasn't feeling like this, when I'd likely see the humor in it. For that reason I don't really want to include them, unless there's a way to genuinely make it clear to everyone that this is in jest and is fun - not bullying - but I don't really see how it's doable. Open for suggestions however, "Biggest Bully" is negative but could be fun as the connotations doesn't have to be negative?

Given how much we've posted in the Picture Show thread, I was thinking running a Most Handsome Poster category could be fun. Most Helpful Poster is also one I'd like to bring back now that Dave (:sad:) no longer is around to run away with it by a landslide each year.

Edited by Kaizero

Searched for his name in that thread and the first result was from you saying "Kanji is hot as fuck" :lol:

My hopes for Most Handsome Brown up in smoke...

6 hours ago, Kaizero said:

When it comes to negative categories, I understand the appeal if everyone takes it in jest - but when we've had them, some posters have been genuinely sad by being in the running or even nominated. Even the extremely in-jest Most Likely to be a Serial Killer hurt the feelings of certain posters involved. We don't know the mindset of every poster on here, and it could do someone who is depressed harm seeing their name nominated for a negative category. Having had a tough time recently myself, I know it'd have hurt me a lot more than it would during a time I wasn't feeling like this, when I'd likely see the humor in it. For that reason I don't really want to include them, unless there's a way to genuinely make it clear to everyone that this is in jest and is fun - not bullying - but I don't really see how it's doable. Open for suggestions however, "Biggest Bully" is negative but could be fun as the connotations doesn't have to be negative?

:thup:

Please can we have worst football poster at least? There are so many candidates and I don’t think any of them are clever enough to have feelings.

2 minutes ago, Smal said:

Please can we have worst football poster at least? There are so many candidates and I don’t think any of them are clever enough to have feelings.

I’ve never seen the worst ones venture into the chat section so they might be safe from offence