Newcastle United vs. Aston Villa: 13/02/2022 @ 2pm (Sky)

LRD

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

This won't be a popular post but I'm starting to feel anxious about this game. Feel like it's got 'crash down to earth' all over it. From the misery of the Cambridge fiasco followed by that Watford equaliser - to three wins on the bounce... dunno, doesn't sound very 'us'. Would take a point. 

Might feel different if Trippier is in the line-up. 

I feel the same really, this will probably be a smack back to reality.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Agreed, but Targett isn't available. The alternatives are a right back and a centre back playing out of position. Both of them are capable of doing a job, but it's not ideal either.

I agree it's not ideal. But I'd much rather have Manquillo playing there personally. 

Not aimed at you, but more in general. I find it funny how Dummett seems to get better after every lengthy injury he's had, almost as if people have forgotten that he's not good. This is probably because the options have been utterly shite. Come summer we need to get rid. I like him but he's not near good enough and never was more than average at best. 

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

This won't be a popular post but I'm starting to feel anxious about this game. Feel like it's got 'crash down to earth' all over it. From the misery of the Cambridge fiasco followed by that Watford equaliser - to three wins on the bounce... dunno, doesn't sound very 'us'. Would take a point. 

I agree. I'm not sure if we are recharged mentally so to speak. It was a massive and draining effort against Everton. Fingers crossed I'm off the map. 

Just now, Ikon said:

I agree. I'm not sure if we are recharged mentally so to speak. It was a massive and draining effort against Everton. Fingers crossed I'm off the map. 

Eh? It was a brilliant occasion that will have them chomping at the bit for more. I'm not at all concerned about recharging mentally. I wonder if our fitness levels are up to par for a second game in 5 days, that's all.

11 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

It's fair enough because we're not very good. That's why I think today will be a big indication of how far the team have come so far under Howe. A good performance, regardless of result, and it looks promising. If we look rubbish for long spells though I'll be #worried.

Edited by Dr Venkman

5 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Eh? It was a brilliant occasion that will have them chomping at the bit for more. I'm not at all concerned about recharging mentally. I wonder if our fitness levels are up to par for a second game in 5 days, that's all.

I'm not saying it's gonna be like that. Hopefully not. We "should" be very very much up for it. Having said that, I don't think it's always quite that easy. 

The next three are all very much the same. We're playing three very capable PL outfits (admittedly with very different styles). We can beat any of them on our day (we have a very good record v two of them) but we'll have to play well. It wouldn't be at all surprising if we threw in a stinker against one of them, but then its all about the reaction to that.