Newcastle United vs. Aston Villa: 13/02/2022 @ 2pm (Sky)

LRD

Just now, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

We playing Targett against his parent club bro? 

You got me there.
Shlevey -> Bruno
Lacelles -> Burn
Targett->Manguillo
Tripper with the band.

And yes I would change Shelvey, I feel this will be an tight match and he will be hotheaded for sure, same with Lacelles.

I really have no idea what the staring 11 will be. 

I suppose Targett's absence and Burn's availability might lend itself to a back three? And a Shelvey - Bruno double pivot. And a bunch of other super sexy sounding shit. 

Let's stick with a 433. I think somebody has got to make room for Bruno. 

1 minute ago, gazza ladra said:

I really have no idea what the staring 11 will be. 

I suppose Targett's absence and Burn's availability might lend itself to a back three? And a Shelvey - Bruno double pivot. And a bunch of other super sexy sounding shit. 

Let's stick with a 433. I think somebody has got to make room for Bruno. 

No chance Howe will change formation.

1 minute ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Manquillo for Targett would be the only change I'd make. Dont think we need to make any other changes. Bruno to come on at some point, probably for Willock or Shelvey. 

I would really, really like to see Bruno starting but I have confidence in Howe doing what is right. If that means starting him, fantastic, if not, that is fine too.

The way the team fought yesterday give merit to Howes philosophy of trusting players that are performing, and on the back of 2 wins it could do more harm than good to the group by replacing Willock, Shelvey or Joelinton for Bruno now. We've seen with Clark and Ritchie that players that doesn't perform get replaced fairly quickly so unless either of our central midfielders have a stinker against Villa, gets injured or suspended it could be some agonizing weeks until we see Bruno finally start a match. Not saying it will happen, and personally I hope he starts asap, but I can see it potentially playing out like that, and I would hope that doesn't result in Howe getting flak from the fans.

Cant replace big Joe, he creates all the room and oportunities for ASM together with Wood, so ino big Joe is undroppable.

Willock was immense last 60 mins yesterday and deserve and new chance for sure.

Shelvey was an red card waiting to happend, and this will be an tight match so I fear for him. He was also the worst of the 3 players that can be dropped for Bruno.

Any recommendations for a pre-game and post-game pub for a visiting NUFC fan for the Aston Villa game? What time do the pubs usually open on a Sunday before games?

Only been once and went to The Strawberry for a 3pm Saturday kickoff game. Wanted to see if there was something else I should experience!

Cheers.

Pressure's slightly less now off the back of the Everton result but we 100% need a draw as a minimum and could go a long way to assuring survival with a win. Really looking forward to seeing how we play. I reckon get Bruno in to look after FC.

Think we'll get at least a point. I like Howe's comment that we would be approaching this game sensibly and with patience, because I think Villa are dangerous opponents, and would love to hit us on the counter. Might be more of a chess match than the game last night, so we need to keep our heads and hopefully take our chances when they come.

6 hours ago, peder said:

Same teams as Everton besides.
Shlevey -> Bruno
Lacelles -> Burn
Tripper with the band.

Willock offer far more then Shelvey.

If we're bringing Burn in I'd drop Schar. Tbh I thought he was quite poor last night. Lascelles made one mistake when he let the ball bounce outside our box and gave away a free kick but everything else he did was spot on, couldn't do anything about the own goal. Schar though he was making me panic anytime the ball went near him, seemed half asleep or switched off when there was a loose ball in our half or a blue shirt starting to press him.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Schar though he was making me panic anytime the ball went near him, seemed half asleep or switched off when there was a loose ball in our half or a blue shirt starting to press him.

looked like he'd been nibbling the space cakes that daft grin on him at one point, his performance was a long way off the rest of the team. 

1 hour ago, davedave said:

Any recommendations for a pre-game and post-game pub for a visiting NUFC fan for the Aston Villa game? What time do the pubs usually open on a Sunday before games?

Only been once and went to The Strawberry for a 3pm Saturday kickoff game. Wanted to see if there was something else I should experience!

Cheers.

Rosies at the top of Stowell St is great but will be packed.

2 minutes ago, robm said:

Rosies at the top of Stowell St is great but will be packed.

If you can get in early enough and get a spot, Rosies would be my shout too. Think it opens at 12?

1 hour ago, davedave said:

Cheers.

Any from the following are good

The Bodega 

The Forth

The Town Wall

The Bacchus

The Hotspur

Tilley's

Plenty more. All will be open for matchdays, likely open anywhere between 11 and noon.