West Ham United vs. Newcastle United: 19/02/2022 @ 12.30pm (BT)

LRD

Howe is very boring and pragmatic when it comes to he's team selection, so basically it will be the same team except the back four will be:

Krafth   Schar   Burn    Targett

However, I'd be tempted with:

Dubravka 

Schar    Lascelles     Burn

Fraser    Shelvey     Willock     Targett

Joelinton   Wood    ASM

12 minutes ago, STM said:

Howe is very boring and pragmatic when it comes to he's team selection, so basically it will be the same team except the back four will be:

Dubravka 

Joelinton   Wood    ASM

Actually forgot about targett was starting to worry about our lack of full backs but that's still a decent back 4 I think Krafth looked alright when he came on today also.

Edited by WillingtonMag

1 hour ago, Klaus said:

No pressure on this game, and we are in good form. I'm quietly confident we can get a surprise result here :thup:

"Quietly confident" is such a Bruce-ism. Up there with all the stuff about dusting down, sleeves, socks and lacking a little bit of quality in the final third.  It's so wonderful that he's not here spouting this shit any more. If I'm being brutally honest . . .

Edited by GideonShandy

We can win this. It'll be a damn fucking sight harder without Trippier but we definitely can. We'll have to score a few though as I can't see us keeping a clean sheet against them. Wood is going to need to start chipping in with goals soon and I'm hoping ASM has gotten over whatever injury he had in that 2nd half against Villa.

36 minutes ago, STM said:

Dubravka 

Joelinton   Wood    ASM

No chance we will change system and Joelinton is best as CM.

19 minutes ago, GideonShandy said:

"Quietly confident" is such a Bruce-ism. Up there with all the stuff about dusting down, sleeves, socks and lacking a little bit of quality in the final third.  It's so wonderful that he's not here spouting this shit any more. If I'm being brutally honest . . .

No chance you have only had shandy

Edited by Klaus

If we can nullify Rice and Bowen we have a good chance of getting something from this game. Rest of their squad is solid but unspectacular. I'd like Howe to consider swapping ASM and Fraser around as ASM could have a field day against Cresswell on the right, and maybe be more inclined to cross the ball rather than cutting inside for the shot.

Edited by Conjo

20 minutes ago, HUGZ said:

:lol: wtf 

we seem to have a good knack of drawing teams into a scrap, I think we’ll win. 1-0 Shelvey.

It’s a football cliches reference 😂. If you haven’t listened to the podcast you should! 

Edited by AJ9