West Ham United vs. Newcastle United: 19/02/2022 @ 12.30pm (BT)

LRD

16 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

There was an easy switch here, Joelinton over for ASM and Bruno into where Joelinton would have been.

Not for me like. Joelinton plays where he is playing now or doesn't play at all (which can't happen atm cos of how good he's been )

1 minute ago, David Edgar said:

No idea how we keep West Ham quiet today.  They've got proper top tier players in their squad that are gonna cause us problems all game long.  Nothing like the last 3 games this.

They're more than capable of having off days. Snatching a point here isn't beyond the realms of possibility. 

3 minutes ago, Nine said:

Indeed, I did comment above that it probably is down to fitness rather than anything else.. I get the feeling he will always start Lascelles/Shelvey/Fraser if fit and performing to a good standard

I'm not convinced myself, well if we do get a pasting the next selection will answer that question.

3 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

No idea how we keep West Ham quiet today.  They've got proper top tier players in their squad that are gonna cause us problems all game long.  Nothing like the last 3 games this.

People were saying exactly about the same as the Villa game to be fair.

1 minute ago, jack j said:

Not for me like. Joelinton plays where he is playing now or doesn't play at all (which can't happen atm cos of how good he's been )

Madness even suggesting moving Joelinton he's bossing it at the minute and is one of the main reasons behind our last few results for me.

Just now, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

My mate who supports West ham says they've not played well for a while now. 

I think they're going to suffer in the second half of this season. They've dropped out of the top 4 and Arsenal are breathing down their necks. Moyes has just spoken as if top 4 is their target, naturally. That will put them under more pressure than if they were looking for a top half finish. I'm not sure if they have the players to deal with that.

1 minute ago, jack j said:

He would offer good protection to Targett though with his new found defensive style, and if you watched Howe's presser, he was quizzed on Joelinton, he basically said he didnt revolutionise Joelinton, he said at Norwich "Joe" stepped in because of the sending off, he showed he's not one dimensional, and Joe can play multiple positions. 

I thought Bruno in and Joelinton there offers us way more than no Bruno, and Murphy in.

But opinions differ👍🏻

1 minute ago, mighty__mag said:

He would offer good protection to Targett though with his new found defensive style, and if you watched Howe's presser, he was quizzed on Joelinton, he basically said he didnt revolutionise Joelinton, he said at Norwich "Joe" stepped in because of the sending off, he showed he's not one dimensional, and Joe can play multiple positions. 

I thought Bruno in and Joelinton there offers us way more than no Bruno, and Murphy in.

But opinions differ👍🏻

I can certainly see this point, but Targett is the protection. If we had an attacking LWB, then Joelinton would be ideal in front of them, but we need more attacking impetus on that side. Joelinton on the right to support the incoming Krafth would be a better choice, I think.