Brentford vs. Newcastle United: 26/02/2022 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

LRD

8 hours ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

I think Shelvey has done more than OK. 

Really, has he though? I'll move it up to good if you like. 

He's not been brilliant, but hes not been terrible either.

Depends what you determine as ok, 8 or 9 would be brilliant, so is Shelvey a 6 or a 7 for you?

9 hours ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Willock is crucial to our survival because he’s the only person other than ASM who looks like he’ll get a goal 

I would have agreed with this based on watching our matches, but TheOther14 on Twitter put up a chart showing we had 13 different scorers. That was before Willock's first of the season, which puts us second top in their chart. 

3 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

Really, has he though? I'll move it up to good if you like. 

He's not been brilliant, but hes not been terrible either.

Depends what you determine as ok, 8 or 9 would be brilliant, so is Shelvey a 6 or a 7 for you?

Yeah I'd say he's been a steady 7. Certainly hasn't done anything to warrant being dropped. Yet. 

4 hours ago, Stottie said:

I would have agreed with this based on watching our matches, but TheOther14 on Twitter put up a chart showing we had 13 different scorers. That was before Willock's first of the season, which puts us second top in their chart. 

Fair point but Willock is one of the few who can go on a run and with Wood still struggling for goals that could prove vital. The good thing is we’ve been getting into better positions to score generally. 

I think Bruno brings us more "cutting" passing ability and when up to speed properly will have much better pressing than Jonjo.

Joe willock needs the type of pass Bruno plays...

I can understand Eddie using the adage that "if it ain´t broke...", but I do think that Bruno could actually raise our game especially in ball possession and being able to drive forward.

7 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Think this is a bonus for us personally, he has to be way off the pace right now although I wish him all the best going forward. Takes some balls to get right back into the game from him.

Edited by Tyne81

Agree with everyone highlighting the importance of this match. When a team in the relegation zone goes on a good run of form it can take a while for it to be truly reflected in their league position. Feel like this has been true of us. We may have come out of the bottom 3, but a glance at the table still shows us in 17th, just one spot above it which given how we have been playing feels off. That could be rectified on Saturday, if other results go our way a win on Saturday could take us as high as 14th. Assuming Leeds get nothing from Liverpool midweek, then Spurs at the weekend, even a draw with Brentford puts us above Leeds. 

But yeah, a win at Brentford and I will start to truly look forward to the Summer/next season. 

A win would really set us on our way. Probably class this as a 6 pointer. Just as a win will pull us out of it, a loss will keep us down in it!

wish we were full strength for this one.