Brentford vs. Newcastle United: 26/02/2022 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

LRD

16 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

How is taking 3 points from 2 games better than taking 4 ?

Guessing because where Brentford are in the league compared to Brighton. I can kind of see the logic… Just 🙂🤷‍♂️

20 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

How is taking 3 points from 2 games better than taking 4 ?

Obviously taking 3 points is never better than taking 4 points but I think what they are saying is taking 3 points away from Brentford is better for us than taking 3 points away from Brighton.

Either way, 6 points from the next 2 is what Howe will be targeting and seeing how Brighton did against Burley its entirely possible.

It would be great to get to 26 points (even better with 28 points) before the March run of two games a week. If we have a few negative results now, we could find ourselves under a lot more pressure going into that run of fixtures

If we do take 6 points from the next 2 games (unlikely but not impossible), there is a good chance we will find ourselves as high as 13th, depending on other results. Which I think would be us pretty much safe given how in the shit the likes of Brentford, Leeds and even Everton would be at that point, not to mention the current bottom 3. 

11 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Obviously taking 3 points is never better than taking 4 points but I think what they are saying is taking 3 points away from Brentford is better for us than taking 3 points away from Brighton.

Either way, 6 points from the next 2 is what Howe will be targeting and seeing how Brighton did against Burley its entirely possible.

But if we draw at Brentford and beat Brighton, that still keeps Brentford in the relegation mix. It literally makes no sense.

18 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

But if we draw at Brentford and beat Brighton, that still keeps Brentford in the relegation mix. It literally makes no sense.

It does make sense in a roundabout way. If we deny Brentford any points rather than 1 point it drags them into the fight even more. This isn't my argument though, I'd much rather have 4 points than 3 regardless of who they are taken from.

Hope Eriksson starts, there is no way he can cope with the physicality of our midfield after 8 months out.

As much as its a lovely story, there is zero chance he returns as good as he was.