Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

Not to nosh ourselves off or anything, but we've always been proven right and I'm pretty sure most fanbases are when they know what their managers and players are like. 

Ironically most of the revisionism I've seen about the likes of Pardew seems to come from those in our own fanbase with the memories of goldfish.

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Not to nosh ourselves off or anything, but we've always been proven right and I'm pretty sure most fanbases are when they know what their managers and players are like. 

Ironically most of the revisionism I've seen about the likes of Pardew seems to come from those in our own fanbase with the memories of goldfish.

Depends on the fanbase/club. As an example us and Evertonians hated Allardyce for similar reasons yet the mackems loved him.

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Depends on the fanbase/club. As an example us and Evertonians hated Allardyce for similar reasons yet the mackems loved him.

I think it’s still fine, at our and Everton’s level at the time he was absolutely shit, but he’s absolutely fine for shan clubs like Bolton and Sunderland. I think he’d have eventually been disliked by the Mackems as well tbh.

30 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Does sound boastful but dang if it isn't correct.

McLaren, Pardew, Bruce, Dalglish, Souness - have done either nothing or fail since they left us.

Allardyce's horrific football repulsed fans everywhere he went bar 5months down the road in a long ball stronghold.

Hughton has had his ups and downs.

Keegan did brilliantly for Fulham and Man City. Smith did fine everywhere he went. Ossie played good but too open football everywhere he went.

As predicted.

Rafa's an outlier though

Edited by Wolfcastle

23 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Got to be because they've had all the notorious perveyors of horrible football bar Big Jack and John Beck.

O'Neill, McCarthy, Reid, Wilkinson and we've seen what Bruce produces.

In regards to Benitez being the outlier in this regard, he was perfect for us at the time which showed in the amazing job he done, on and off the pitch. Unique circumstances around the club ie the preceding lack of hope (which is hard to articulate to others who didnt live Ashley), what he symbolised, uniting the fans against Ashley and oft morphing that Ashley hatred into fantastic support for the players on the pitch. It was never going to work at Everton, many were saying it before he took the job that it was doomed to fail due to circumstances there yet he took it anyway.

Have a theory that certain managers fit particular clubs. Benitez fit us like a glove, certainly at the time, but Howe is the man now for the current state of affairs. Like or loathe him Klopp fits Liverpool to a tee, thought Rodgers perfectly suited Leicester but not so much now. :lol:

2 hours ago, Kimbo said:

I’m gutted tbh, I was enjoying the show. Now he gets to go and travel the world watching cricket with his ill-gotten gains.

I thought his son was called ‘useless cunt’ not ‘Ill gotten gains’ 🤔

Edited by Cattletrucked

38 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Will never understand those who try to re-write one of our bad managers' histories. Dalglish, Gullitt, Souness, Kinnear, Pardew, Schteve and Bruce can all get in the bin.

5 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

Is it possible his managerial career earnings for wages are actually lower than his career earnings from payoffs?

Aren't they the same, essentially? Referring to compensation owed to him over the course of his signed contract?

Watching us play Saturday and reflecting on where we were one year ago I can say the difference is stark.  Setting everything else aside Miggy, Joelinton, Longstaff, Murphy and Schar are so much better now.  Being fit and having a defined role makes for a better player.  Bruce is a charlatan.