Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

""I turned to them and said, 'Well, I think my time might be up here because the only negative thing here is myself'. And would you believe it, they did ask me for my opinion on who should take over from me and I did put forward Eddie to them."

So I left and took zero compensation and y'know the rest is history.

[emoji38] Pretending he's retiring when he's actually just putting himself back in the shop window.

Im actually looking forward to him turning up at some poor place like Ipswich (he's done Norwich right?). 

13 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Hope he goes back to writing those dreadful fiction books once he retires

Please let this happen.

The next ones got to be called "Manager!"

Off to laugh at the Amazon reviews of his previous "work".

“Eeeeeh, ah had to look deep within and realise what was best for me boyhood club. I rang up wor Amanda and said look, that fella that took Bournemouth down, he’s your man. I don’t want to take any credit for it, that’s not who I am, I put his name out there and I rang him and asked him to come up to the toon. Ah told wor Amanda, sign him or I’ll throw meself off the Tyne bridge. I know people call me Saint Bruce but I think that’s a touch too far, just a little pat on the back is all I’m after, a little recognition for what I’ve done for the club”

See I wouldn't have minded so much if it was Bruce and Warnock swapping daft stories and yarns from their years in the game. But no, he had to use it as a platform to bullshit and lie and try to keep the narrative alive that he was hard done by etc.

The Howe recommendation is such a bare faced lie :lol: