Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

Guest reefatoon
1 hour ago, jack j said:

How long til he pops up on sky being a pundit 🤢

urgh, fucking sitting next to Souness so they can both spout bitter bile about us, the utter twats.

5 hours ago, jack j said:

How long til he pops up on sky being a pundit 🤢

Wouldn't mind seeing him sitting the studio in a huff because we'd beat Man United 5-0 again.

The atmosphere in that studio was so that Dalglish came off like the enthused funster.

Listened to the podcast this morning. Interesting that Warnock bemoans the fans having more of a voice with the internet. I think fans are shit hot now in terms of spotting a fraud and spotting a manager that’s doing the right things but not having a bit of luck with injuries etc. 

Pretty funny when they’re talking about players they missed out on who went to be great. Warnock says he was told by a player to sign Drogba for £100k, while Bruce talks about not being able to get the funds to bring Bowen to Newcastle. [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, Ste said:

Pretty funny when they’re talking about players they missed out on who went to be great. Warnock says he was told by a player to sign Drogba for £100k, while Bruce talks about not being able to get the funds to bring Bowen to Newcastle. [emoji38]

“Scrambling” to get money together. Scrambling fucking Ostrich eggs more like! 

570C556D-2EC0-45B6-984B-6ED112EE6568.thumb.png.6613c1f3bb47bc6cd8ef4b0f6ed09152.png

Makes me laugh when players and pundits come out with the "you don't get 1000 games as a manager if you're not good" line. 

Football's littered with numerous examples of shit managers being repeatedly re-employed by woeful club owners/execs 

2 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

Makes me laugh when players and pundits come out with the "you don't get 1000 games as a manager if you're not good" line. 

Football's littered with numerous examples of shit managers being repeatedly re-employed by woeful club owners/execs 

I mean...yeah you do. You just do. I get it its a fragile career with a fraternal outlook but don't freak when people call it out.

For the likes of Bruce, all you really have to do is ingratiate yourself to the right people. Everything else falls into place eventually. Then, after many years, it runs out of steam and you can count your money / Greggs vouchers. But it is aided and abetted by clueless millionaires, as most of the world's misery is. 

BBC Final score was staying what an amazing job Corberan had done at West Brom, getting them into the play off spots with 9 wins out of his 11 games.

No mention of the disaster-bag who had won something like 2 games out of about 15 before that, with the exact same squad. The most important English manager of the last ... 100 years!

According to Chronic today, this whopper is now claiming the credit for us signing Callum Wilson, after Mike Ashley didn't want to.

Newcastle United almost didn't sign Callum Wilson, according to the man who signed him for Magpies. Former boss Steve Bruce insists it took a lot of persuading Mike Ashley before he finally agreed to sign the Bournemouth forward.

"Everyone thought I was lovey-lovey with Mike, but to get Callum Wilson over the line it was practically war. He was 29, he had the odd injury, big money and he broke the wage bracket at the time as well."