Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

2 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

According to Chronic today, this whopper is now claiming the credit for us signing Callum Wilson, after Mike Ashley didn't want to.

Newcastle United almost didn't sign Callum Wilson, according to the man who signed him for Magpies. Former boss Steve Bruce insists it took a lot of persuading Mike Ashley before he finally agreed to sign the Bournemouth forward.

"Everyone thought I was lovey-lovey with Mike, but to get Callum Wilson over the line it was practically war. He was 29, he had the odd injury, big money and he broke the wage bracket at the time as well."

"I did the stuff, it was me. The reason success happens is me. Look at West Brom. I laid it all on a plate for the new fella."

Edited by elbee909

3 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

According to Chronic today, this whopper is now claiming the credit for us signing Callum Wilson, after Mike Ashley didn't want to.

Newcastle United almost didn't sign Callum Wilson, according to the man who signed him for Magpies. Former boss Steve Bruce insists it took a lot of persuading Mike Ashley before he finally agreed to sign the Bournemouth forward.

"Everyone thought I was lovey-lovey with Mike, but to get Callum Wilson over the line it was practically war. He was 29, he had the odd injury, big money and he broke the wage bracket at the time as well."

He was 28

He could have called Mike Ashley a cunt every single day, it doesn't change the fact that he took the job with open arms and his eyes wide open. 

Rafa might have been naive to think that if he showed Ashley what success could look like he'd change. Bruce went in knowing what had happened, got more money out of Ashley than anyone, admitted that he was just keeping the club "ticking over", and still massively struggled 

Edited by Kid Icarus

Any small good Bruce may have done for the club he did it for himself, to prolong the mediocrity he was overseeing and increase his own bank balance. Have zero respect for him, you'd think he'd shut the fuck up now Howe has shown him up to be such a talentless charlatan. 

Brought in Joelinton too. Well, according to him at the time it was his choice, even though it very clearly wasn't to anyone with eyes as he didn't know anything about him at all, including how to play him.

So imagine trying to claim credit for any successful transfers now. Because he had no say in transfers at all, that's even what some of his defenders in the press said as well. And we know this to be true, because otherwise there'd be no Joelinton and Hamza Choudhury would be in midfield instead.

We only got Wilson because of his injury record. Ashley would never pay full price for anything, hence us hunting around the bargain bins, to unearth the occasional gem by accident.

Also, his claims of going to war with Ashley? I assume he now says this because he knows he's hated as a quisling.

But nope, not having that. This pretend Newcastle-fan lickspittle was told exactly what it would be like by his pal Shearer before he joined and he did it anyway. And of course Ashley loved him compared to his predecessor for not rocking the boat - hence his ridiculous contract. He never once raised a word against Ashley in his time here - even Pardew did with his comment that Ashley didn't understand football.

His attempts to rewrite history are comically inept, just like his management was. Literally my most hated manager in living memory and he forever will be for his abysmal conduct both during and since his time here. 

22 hours ago, toon25 said:

Listened to that podcast he did with Colin Wanker. Absolutely no kick back to his bare faced lies that 'he' approached the new owners to offer to leave and that 'he' put Howe's name forward.

Begged for his undeserved thousandth game the loathsome toad

1 hour ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

Jesus Christ, surely he can't have said this? :lol:

"I have to say it was awful. When you look back on it, how difficult it was and let's be fair, we were probably the only ones working and it kept the nation going. There was a game every night and we'd watch a game."

Edited by Kid Icarus

There I was with the Wimbledon trophy in my hands telling anyone who’d listen that I didn’t deserve the trophy. Yes, I’d not lost a single point in the whole tournament but here, I said, let someone else have a chance at the limelight. Let me get back to saving that football club in the north east, that’s all that matters.

They carried me off the court on their shoulders and took a blood sample for drugs checks, I bled black and white cos I love the club me.

Even though the fans didn’t quite get what I was going for, I don’t blame them for that, could have just done with a little bit of a thank you for getting the new owners in but hey, that’s life isn’t it, sometimes those who do the most don’t always get the thanks they deserve but I’ll just do me own thing, I’m not looking for any handouts 

I'll never ever get tired of hating this inept, fraudulent clown!

If anyone isn't feeling the full hatred.................

Steve Bruce Net Worth

in Richest Athletes › Soccer Players

Steve Bruce Net Worth:

$40 Million

Just now, Paully said:

I'll never ever get tired of hating this inept, fraudulent clown!

If anyone isn't feeling the full hatred.................

Steve Bruce Net Worth

in Richest Athletes › Soccer Players

Steve Bruce Net Worth:

$40 Million

:anguish: