Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

On 19/03/2022 at 17:58, Scotty66 said:

Bruce, West Brom and the championship are like a perfect combination of boredom and mediocrity.

On a good day Bruce can be described as 'piss poor'. 

Never in a million years does he have enough ability at his job to qualify as mediocre 

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't realise these were playing today, but that's cheered me up a little. It was unlikely anyway, but that's pretty much ended any tiny hope they had of making the top 6.

So his record is P10 W2 D3 L5 PTS 9 - there were obviously problems before he came in, hence coming in in the first place, but that's not great at all for a team who were pretty much in the top 3 all season until very recently and were a PL team last year.

Edited by Paullow

5 minutes ago, TRon said:

He does love losing a derby.

You read his comments about them today and it's cut and paste from his time here. Talk of his own frustration, felt both teams lacked quality (always a favourite of his), awful game of football, neither keeper had a save to make. 

31 minutes ago, Paullow said:

So his record is P10 W2 D3 L5 PTS 9 - there were obviously problems before he came in, hence coming in in the first place, but that's not great at all for a team who were pretty much in the top 3 all season until very recently and were a PL team last year.

At West Brom.

P19 W2 D6 L11 - 12points from a possible 54 in 21/22

...hate to see this c**t get off lightly, especially when embittered, which he's largely to blame for anyway.

Edited by Wolfcastle

As a bitter, vengeful and hateful person, this turnip losing again has certainly taken the edge off an otherwise very painful day. Cheers, Steve, keep doing what you're doing. 

This post on a WBA forum:

“Has to go, I don't think any manager would have got us promoted, but we're literally relegation bad under Bruce. His only answer has been to go back to exactly how Ismael was playing, except even more insipid.”

:lol: Does he always revert to copy the previous manager’s tactics in a hope it might come off?

15 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

“Has to go, I don't think any manager would have got us promoted, but we're literally relegation bad under Bruce. His only answer has been to go back to exactly how Ismael was playing, except even more insipid.”

:lol: Does he always revert to copy the previous manager’s tactics in a hope it might come off?

Inspiring stuff as always. 

From one of the Baggie forums.

“’But I don't want Brucey to be here next year, why? We have in 10 games become a complete nothing team. No identity, no plan, deep defensive line, huge gaps between the lines, slow tempo, team have stopped respecting us which shows our further decline.”

Ring a bell :)

15 minutes ago, Jinky Jim said:

From one of the Baggie forums.

“’But I don't want Brucey to be here next year, why? We have in 10 games become a complete nothing team. No identity, no plan, deep defensive line, huge gaps between the lines, slow tempo, team have stopped respecting us which shows our further decline.”

Ring a bell :)

They need to realise you can't change things overnight. 

37 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Not ready to change. He'll be prattling on about doing things 'his way' soon enough. 

Words like fraud and charlatan get thrown around so much in football that they've lost meaning and impact, but this idiot is truly deserving of the titles. Absolute wanker has been phoning it in since 2019; probably since before then too, I wasn't paying attention. More fool the daft shites in the WBA boardroom for being equally negligent in their roles as to decide to employ him. 

59 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

:lol: It's not the worst shout if you've been blagging a living doing it for 20 odd years.

The.man with over 1000 games in his career. Surely he's one of the best British managers out there if he could stay in the game that long right?

Nope. He's a fraud. Always was, always will be.