Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

1 hour ago, Pilko said:

One thing I've noticed more recently and learned to retrospectively hate is the way he refers to his long career in management but can't even recall how long he's been stealing a living for. He'll get asked about the latest (and frequent) difficult patch of form and say something like:

"Well you kneuw, I lean on my experience. When you've been going for twenty-odd years, or worreva it is like I have, you learn to keep on bashing away"

or

"Look, some of the things flying around have been disrespectful. Ah'v managed 400, 500 odd games in the Premier League or worreva it is and you lot think I don't know how to run a warm-up. It's nonsense"

He's like that with everything involving details, it's one of his most annoying traits. 

On 02/07/2022 at 18:58, OCK said:

I feel sorry for Steve Bruce, every time he looks in the mirror he sees Steve Bruce. 

I feel sorry for Mrs Bruce

She has to see his sex face every Christmas and on his birthday

If you watched that clip in reverse I bet it would look like evolution in action. Some creature coming out of the sea, scraping along on its arse then learning to stand and finally walk. Then I realised that's ridiculous, a silly thing to think and post as how could it be considered evolution if the end product is Bruce.

Edited by Wolfcastle

On 03/07/2022 at 19:24, 54 said:

Oh is see West Brom are currently on a training camp in Portugal, weird that, given Steve has a villa in that neck of the wood, just a coincidence I imagine.

No that can't be true [emoji38]

He's fucking shameless man. Just wants to do fuck all for the maximum time possible. 

Speaking of sports scientists, there's a report that West Brom have appointed a new medical director.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/west-brom-arsenal-confirm-signing-24400492

This one had previously worked with Bruce at Sheff Wednesday (the club he abandoned), you see, and they are keen to avoid an injury crisis at West Brom, so that's great news.

Farbeit for me to suggest it's simply another old pal that Brucey turns to rather than having any new ideas or doing any work at all.

But anyway, I wonder what the injury situation was like at Sheff Wed, because it must have been much better.

Well, oh no! Incredible bad luck seemed to have struck him again! 

Here's Steve Bruce on his injury crisis at Shef Wed;

"I’m sure most of the supporters are absolutely fed up to the back teeth and think ‘why’. Are we just unlucky or is there something underneath it all?

When you see the problems the club have had, it is really obscene."

Well, I can think of one obscene problem the club had who was underneath it all.

But surely the unluckiest man in football couldn't be partly to blame by rushing players back or some other stupidity? 

Well, here he is on that exact same day talking about Adam Reach not being fit.

"Adam hurt his knee last week. He did well to go out and play on it. Typical Reachy.

“He wanted to go and play on it but he was not himself and we could see that but at least he wants to play.”

Yes, good old Reachy.

Everyone's mate, this manager, with his clever nicknames.

But it's Reachy's fault really, since he asked to go out and play. But it's somehow also a good thing that he did, so he could be sent out to play when unfit! 

Silly old Reachy! How unlucky Bruce is!

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

See they lost to Stevenage in a game today, I know it doesn't mean much given its pre-season, but it's still funny as fuck :lol:

If you keep losing fans don't expect as much

4a5001b7beea096457f480c8808572428b-09-ro

27 minutes ago, 54 said:

See they lost to Stevenage in a game today, I know it doesn't mean much given its pre-season, but it's still funny as fuck :lol:

It doesn’t matter at most clubs, it matters when he’s manager though because it’s a sign of things to come 

30 minutes ago, 54 said:

Tbf we struggled against them and it wasn't even a friendly 😂

18 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

It doesn’t matter at most clubs, it matters when he’s manager though because it’s a sign of things to come 

Aye. We played plenty competitive games against sides from lower divisions and he made a complete meal of nearly all of them.

Rochdale (League 1) - 1-1 draw away, took replay and near enough first XI to win 4-1

Oxford (League 1) - 0-0 draw at home, pissed away 2-0 lead in replay to force extra time & bailed out by late ASM wondergoal

WBA (Championship) - 3-0 lead but hanging on in the dying seconds to avoid an equaliser

Blackburn (Championship) - Created one chance in 90 mins which we scored, heavily outplayed by their second string (he even admitted as much afterwards) and reliant on Mark bloody Gillespie to keep us in the game

Morecambe (League 2) - won 7-0, they had a red card after half an hour - the only one he didn't make a pig's ear of

Newport County (League 2) - trailed for 80 mins, late equaliser and had to rely on pens to get past them

Also in three pre-seasons he managed to oversee defeats to Preston (Ch), Stoke (Ch), Middlesbrough (Ch - 5-1) and York City (Conf. North), all with more-or-less first choice teams.

5 hours ago, bigfella said:

Me too. As long as they beat the makems before his inevitable early winter sacking.

You know, I think I might prefer it if Sunderland beat them. That's a measure of the hatred for Bruce I have.