Balls on the bath - who's going down?

The Prophet

Balls in the bath - who's going down?  

420 members have voted

1. 1. Who's going down?

11 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

We looked dead & buried before we signed Wood as well.

I've never thought that under Howe. We were always going to have a very good chance with how we were improving and the signings we'd make. 

2 hours ago, gdm said:

How I see it too

Aye, provided we win on Saturday I can see us getting the wins in the home games to sort our status out.

14th. Newcastle

15th. Everton

16th. Burnley

17th. Leeds.

18th. Brentford

19th. Watford

20th. Norwich

• 3 weeks later...

Big win for Brentford who look much safer now.

Leeds up against Norwich today but have gone P8 W0 D1 L7 since kickoff against us. It's hard to see how, but they must win.

A very hypothetical 15 points from the last 10 games from Norwich only gets them to 32 points, so they look down whatever happens today. 

Looking at the table, you’d pick out Leeds, only a point above Everton and played 3 more games.

However, Bamford is back for them for the run in. I think they’ll pick up enough points, just.

Everton are just so bad at the back, it’s easy to imagine any team they play going after them. If they lose to us at home they’ll be in massive trouble.

Norwich and Watford look done, as do Burnley really but they do have it in them to pick up points, more so than the other two and Everton.

26 minutes ago, Stottie said:

Big win for Brentford who look much safer now.

Leeds up against Norwich today but have gone P8 W0 D1 L7 since kickoff against us. It's hard to see how, but they must win.

A very hypothetical 15 points from the last 10 games from Norwich only gets them to 32 points, so they look down whatever happens today. 

1 of 3 for me now for the 3rd bottom place. Probably Burnley or Leeds as Everton have a few games in hand. Would love Everton to go mind.

Always felt Brentford would be okay, they managed to get enough points on the board early doors so they just needed to nick the odd win here and there which they've done, their challenge will be next season 

As for that last spot as I think Norwich and Watford are done for, I think it will be Leeds. I think Burnley will just finish ahead of them and Everton will pick enough points from home 

2 hours ago, Thiago said:

I can't figure out Burnley. I know everyone was gassed about the Wout Weghorst signing but he's only scored once. Even today,  he was barely involved. 

Thought they would be ok.  Now all the games they had in hand are gone, the goal differential has ballooned, and they're still in the bottom three.  Hope they can give Everton and Leeds a good run.

Think it's a straight shootout between Leeds, Everton and Burnley. Burnley seemed to go into relentless terminator mode for a few weeks but have stuttered again. 

Leeds are a bit like us early season, can seem to buy a win from anywhere, think their run in is a little kinder than the rest. 

Everton have an apocalyptic April in terms of fixtures and if they don't put some distance on Burnley now they will be dragged in. 

I think it will be Leeds unfortunately, out of the 3 they'd be the ones I wanted to stay up although if we can sign Raphina then ta-ra! 

Too hard to tell, Leeds have played the most games but have a couple of games where you think they could steal some points.

Everton have some bad games but again have a few games where you think they could steal some points. They look like us from our 1st relegation, but the fact that many of us want them gone just means they will be sure to get enough points.

Burnley by all means should be the team that’s going, they seem to be that team who are in the relegation zone, then get a run of decent form just a little too early. The thing is though, they are Burnley, they kind of know what they are doing, they will be like Wigan, and come April will find title winning form.

EDIT:

Fuck me, let’s not count Watford out yet. They are away against Southampton today, which they could get something from. They also have home games against Everton, Leeds, Brentford, and Burnley, as well as an away game against Palace who could well be on the beach by then.

Edited by Stifler

I didn't realise how bad form Brighton are in. Only won once since boxing day, lost 6 in a row and have only 1 game left you'd say they can guarantee a win. If they had 5 or 6 less points I say they be bang in trouble.

4 minutes ago, Dokko said:

I didn't realise how bad form Brighton are in. Only won once since boxing day, lost 6 in a row and have only 1 game left you'd say they can guarantee a win. If they had 5 or 6 less points I say they be bang in trouble.

Brighton always seem to have a poor second half of the season.

7 minutes ago, Dokko said:

They’re not playing badly though, I’m sure their results will turn around soon, even though the run they’re on is terrible 

4 hours ago, gazza ladra said:

Thought they would be ok.  Now all the games they had in hand are gone, the goal differential has ballooned, and they're still in the bottom three.  Hope they can give Everton and Leeds a good run.

Their big problem is they just can't seem to win six pointers.

4 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Think it's a straight shootout between Leeds, Everton and Burnley. Burnley seemed to go into relentless terminator mode for a few weeks but have stuttered again. 

Leeds are a bit like us early season, can seem to buy a win from anywhere, think their run in is a little kinder than the rest. 

Everton have an apocalyptic April in terms of fixtures and if they don't put some distance on Burnley now they will be dragged in. 

I think it will be Leeds unfortunately, out of the 3 they'd be the ones I wanted to stay up although if we can sign Raphina then ta-ra! 

Get out of my head.

Burnley look a weaker proposition than in previous years but should still Burnley their way to enough points. I think it’s a straight shootout between Everton and Leeds, and I’m leaning towards Leeds.

I think Leeds will go, Burnley will grind out another few one-goal wins somewhere. 

Everton have also made a terrible appointment in Lampard, remains to be seen whether the quality of players can get them out of it. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think Leeds will go, Burnley will grind out another few one-goal wins somewhere. 

Everton have also made a terrible appointment in Lampard, remains to be seen whether the quality of players can get them out of it. 

Leeds will win today then find enough to climb out of trouble.