Balls on the bath - who's going down?

The Prophet

Balls in the bath - who's going down?  

420 members have voted

1. 1. Who's going down?

20 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Unless Burnley win tomorrow, the relegation fight is over.

If they win it’s a straight knock out between them and Everton for the final place. 

Agreed. 

I think the wins for both us and Leeds were huge, and honestly, I think Everton ride out quite comfortably from here on in. They've got Yerry Mina to come back and a few games at home where I think it'll be bouncing.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Going to be very tight between Burnley and Everton I think.

You'd expect Burnley to close the gap entirely in the next two fixtures.

I wish that would happen, because I'd definitely prefer Burnley to stay up.  But I'm not expecting it, Burnley have 4 points from the last 6 games.  Can they get 4 points from the next 2 games at home?, its possible but its really unlikely IMO.

Edited by Teasy

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/relegation

Such a huge match for Everton tomorrow. Chelsea are obviously a better team with the superior players, but at the same time, it kind of feels winnable. Just delighted we have enough points on the board, and can look on as relative neutrals, because it does look like 37/38 might not be enough, and pretty much every man and their dog were saying 36 points would be fine 14 days ago.

5 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Such a huge match for Everton tomorrow. Chelsea are obviously a better team with the superior players, but at the same time, it kind of feels winnable. Just delighted we have enough points on the board, and can look on as relative neutrals, because it does look like 37/38 might not be enough, and pretty much every man and their dog were saying 36 points would be fine 14 days ago.

4 points for Burnley should be enough for them. 

12 minutes ago, Paullow said:

I’d be shocked if 38 isn’t enough 

15 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Still think 36 points will probably be enough.

Yeah Everton are on the brink if they don’t win tomorrow. The only thing saving them from complete disaster right now is that Leeds probably won’t get any points until Everton play an already relegated Watford away and by that time it could be one point between them

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’d be shocked if 38 isn’t enough 

Tomorrow is huge for Everton. Chelsea have largely been unconvincing since the whole Ambramovic saga with some poor results / performances, if Everton win, like they did vs Man Utd, then they have Watford who have lost 11 in a row at home, plus a couple of winnable looking home games, I can see 8 or 9 points for them, even with a draw tomorrow, maybe it's because I want them down that I am pessimistically thinking they will do better than they ought to, but I wouldn't be too shocked. 4 points for Leeds, given their GD might not be enough - I think they will need more than 3. 

5 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

:tobey: It’s going to happen, isn’t it?

Leeds have

Arsenal

Chelsea

Brighton 

Brentford

Burnley have

Villa twice

Spurs

Us

Everton probably need 3 wins minimum from six now to have any chance. 

Chelsea are so inconsistent these days in matches like this. Much like Arsenal and spurs. Could see Everton winning tmrw. 

Would be surprised if Burnley get 4 points. Still think Everton will pick up at least 6. Leeds 😬

Everton remaining fixtures:
Chelsea (h)
Leicester (a)
Watford (a)
Brentford (h)
Palace (h)
Arsenal (a)

Burnley:
Villa (h)
Spurs (a)
Villa (a)
Newcastle (h)

Leeds:
Arsenal (a)
Chelsea (h)
Brighton (h)
Brentford (a)

Everton’s games against Watford, Brentford, and Palace, are like our games against Boro, Fulham, and Portsmouth towards the end of the 09 season. Those three games will determine if they will survive.

Chelsea have lost twice in 17 away games, those were to City and West Ham. They’ve taken 13 points from their last 15 away from home. They're pretty consistent travellers.

They do have an abysmal record at Goodidon Park of late though.

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Chelsea have lost twice in 17 away games, those were to City and West Ham. They’ve taken 13 points from their last 15 away from home. They're pretty consistent travellers.

They do have an abysmal record at Goodidon Park of late though.

PLUS IT IS SEWPA FWANK THEY WILL NOT WANT TO BEAT ONE OF THEIR OWN

11 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Everton’s games against Watford, Brentford, and Palace, are like our games against Boro, Fulham, and Portsmouth towards the end of the 09 season. Those three games will determine if they will survive.

They’ll lose to Watford and it’ll be curtains, imo.

People talk about Leeds having this dreadful run but all of their last four are winnable.

Still think there’s another twist yet, but hope I’m wrong and Everton get a good hiding tomorrow.

I see on their forum they blame their troubles on not sacking Rafa sooner, rather than Lampard. They’re worst under Frankie DeTory in pretty much every metric that they were under Benitez. They haven’t picked up a single point away from home ffs. 

Not saying Benitez done a good job there, but to put that as the root cause of their issues is ridiculous