Newcastle United vs. Brighton and Hove Albion: 05/03/2022 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

LRD

On 27/02/2022 at 18:50, maze said:

What’s the inj. status on Trippier and ASM? I know Wilson is out a fair few games…

I would imagine Tripper was looking at probably 8 weeks (I heard 6 somewhere but that seems very unrealistic if you ask me putting my Physio head on) if all goes well which would be mid April so maybe Wolves or Leicester? Wilson seems a bit more uncertain but there were some positive quotes from him about his recent progress in the last few weeks. If he could get back fit for the final games it would be a huge bonus.

With recent results I’m confident we can win particularly as Brighton are in a little bit of a lull. 3 points going into those away fixtures would be ace. St James will be a bear pit of noise.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

On 28/02/2022 at 08:30, Amir_9 said:

Brighton supporting friend of mine is coming up for this. He's one of them 'Newcastle fans sold their morals and support war criminals' lot

Be nice to send him back with 0 points.

So he is happy to travel over 600 miles in a day and give us £30 in the process. Makes sense.

I have come down with a dose of lesser-spotted supreme confidence about this game.  It is not the first time, but it has been a rare pre-match condition in my lifetime, a recurrence of a nasty difficult to shift dose which started about 28 years ago; with a couple of short-lived recurrences since. Frankly, it is quite a strange and unsettling experience. 

10 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

I have come down with a dose of lesser-spotted supreme confidence about this game.  It is not the first time, but it has been a rare pre-match condition in my lifetime, a recurrence of a nasty difficult to shift dose which started about 28 years ago; with a couple of short-lived recurrences since. Frankly, it is quite a strange and unsettling experience. 

:thup: Exactly the same. I was saying the other day that Reading 07/08 and Stoke 11/12 are the two most recent matches I can remember feeling that way in the Premier League.

We always seem to concede at home. They've let in two a game for three in a row and have worse form even going back twelve games. So I predict a 2-1 win.

Edited by Stottie

Brighton are a really solid outfit, who are beginning to hit what has become an annual poor run of form toward the business end of the season.

As a side who look to progress the ball from back to front, the loss of Adam Webster certainly hasn't helped that. Not only is he statistically the most progressive centre back in the league, but the sale of Burn means they either have to play full backs out of position in the preferred back three, or revert to the old Dunk and Duffy partnership in a back four.

That said I don't think there will be much in this. Brighton have only lost twice in 13 away games this season (at Villa and Man United). They generally keep things tight at the back and play a possession based game, their problems lie in sticking the ball in the net, with over half of those away games finishing in a draw.

Beating a top half team would be huge progress for us and ASM should return to add some much needed creativity. I think we'll need that in what will be a very close game, where both sides may well cancel each other out.