Roman Abramovich

Pokerprince2004

Guest HTT II

America and England are two of the worst nations in the world for creating, supporting, influencing, benefiting from and instigating wars and we have committed our fair share of human atrocities since WW2, in short we are as bad as anyone, but we have a so-called civilised democratic, at peace society. It’s all bollocks really, they all need placed, western governments, power cabals and big business that does more harm to the world and us normal citizens. 

Edited by HTT II

5 minutes ago, HTT II said:

America and England are two of the worst nations in the world for creating, supporting, influencing, benefiting from and instigating wars and we have committed our fair share of human atrocities since WW2, in short we are as bad as anyone, but we have a so-called civilised democratic, at peace society. It’s all bollocks really, they all need placed, western governments, power cabals and big business that does more harm to the world and us normal citizens. 

U WOT M8?!

IN-GUR-LUND
IN-GUR-LUND

IN-GUUUUURRRRRRR-LUND

5 hours ago, manorpark said:

Saudi Arabia is a country that is very much moving in a civilising and western direction to consolidate their future, post-oil.

An important part of that is their acquisition of us.We (us in Newcastle and the UK) will have an excellent civilising influence, medium-term and long-term, on their country and how they treat their people.

This is the amazingly positive aspect of our Takeover by the Saudi P I F, that is so "enthusiastically ignored" by anti-Saudi people and the anti-Saudi Media . . . because it's reality does not fit in with their pre-conceptions and their tunnel vision agendas.

So, to answer your point above, I am not dreaming, but it will not happen to us, quite the reverse for the reasons stated !!!

World needs optimists :)

1 hour ago, Ste said:

State of the comments on that. I’m really uncomfortable with loads of male football fans making comments on her appearance. It’s misogyny at its finest.

15 minutes ago, Wullie said:

A country run by religious diktat, you have to laugh at the idea that it'll be owning the Toon that makes them knock it on the head. 

It "helps" them improve - don't make things up.

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

UK

3 hours ago, Jackie Broon said:

Whilst the human cost of both is terrible, ultimately that is not the reason for these sanctions, the reason is that with the threat of nuclear response if we get involved in the conflict, it is the only weapon we have.

We are literally facing the potential of WW3, nuclear annihilation of civilisation is being threatened by Putin. It's not a contest, but if it were, nothing trumps that in terms of immorality.

Has it actually been said that the sanctions are due to the threat of a nuclear response as opposed to being because of the invasion in general?

I've only ever heard the latter as the reason for the sanctions.

2 minutes ago, Rompe said:

Has it actually been said that the sanctions are due to the threat of a nuclear response as opposed to being because of the invasion in general?

I've only ever heard the latter as the reason for the sanctions.

It's not something that's going to be explicitly said but that's the fundamental reason. NATO countries can't get directly involved in a conventional war with Russia because of the threat of nuclear war, the only real weapon we have is sanctions.

6 hours ago, AJ9 said:

State of the comments on that. I’m really uncomfortable with loads of male football fans making comments on her appearance. It’s misogyny at its finest.

Assholes the lot.

4 hours ago, Jackie Broon said:

It's not something that's going to be explicitly said but that's the fundamental reason. NATO countries can't get directly involved in a conventional war with Russia because of the threat of nuclear war, the only real weapon we have is sanctions.

You are 100% right. This is not 1936. This fucking nut has alot of cards in his hand so the world needs to band together.

45 minutes ago, Bizza said:

Wonder if they'll be allowed to sell tickets if they get to the F.A Cup Semi final/final. A half empty stadium would be shite. 

Wouldn't that be Wembley/FA selling them, not Chelsea? They just wouldn't get their cut.

Edited by Pandamninator

9 hours ago, Jackie Broon said:

It's not inconsistent, Russia have invaded a neighbouring state while holding a loaded nuclear gun the the head of the western world. There is no equivalent to that since the second world war.

The intervention in the civil war in Yemen has our tacit support and is essentially a proxy war against Iran. As terrible as it is, it is not equivalent to the invasion of Ukraine.  

The US has invaded several countries since World War 2. The only reason they have never been rebuked is that they have loaded guns both economically and militarily. 

It's amazing to me that only now, two decades after he bought the club, that we're even discussing this. 

And once again, blue ticks and journalists are demanding fans do more. We didn't put the fox in the hen house, we didn't push coverage of his background into the long grass. I don't agree with them chanting his name, but there's a fuck load of church mice that have suddenly decided they want to speak up.

6 hours ago, macphisto said:

The US has invaded several countries since World War 2. The only reason they have never been rebuked is that they have loaded guns both economically and militarily. 

Getting a bit off topic, my point was that the Saudi-led intervention in the civil war in Yemen isn't equivalent to Russia's invasion of Ukraine. The response to that isn't indicative of some kind of change in policy towards conflicts in general and when sanctions will be imposed.

So the rent boys won’t be able to afford that link up with a Newcastle school after all to pilfer our local talent.

What a fucking shame, at least they’ll get a chance to see the new kid in town on Sunday.

Edited by Whitley mag

Guest neesy111

That stuff of freezing bank accounts is really uneasy on myself.  Not fair on their fans, remember this affects their women's team badly as well.

Aye. The club should be allowed to function, and the government should be coming up with a solution where he either surrenders the club to the government, who can then sell it on (such a Tory thing), or is allowed to sell it and give the proceeds to charity.