Roman Abramovich

Pokerprince2004

1 minute ago, loki679 said:

Right, but FFP allows losses of £105m over three years iirc so how are they not being slapped with transfer bans and points deductions?

Since covid clubs have been able to basically ignore FFP and attribute losses to it. 

13 minutes ago, loki679 said:

Right, but FFP allows losses of £105m over three years iirc so how are they not being slapped with transfer bans and points deductions?

12 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Since covid clubs have been able to basically ignore FFP and attribute losses to it. 

Like Evertons £170m losses…

1 hour ago, Happinesstan said:

Does it help them spend that money without FFP coming into effect?

I'm pretty sure that money is earmarked for infrastructure - mainly Stadium development.

That kind of spend doesn't count from a FFP point of view anyway. So I don't think it should make a difference, no.

55 minutes ago, Abacus said:

I'm pretty sure that money is earmarked for infrastructure - mainly Stadium development.

That kind of spend doesn't count from a FFP point of view anyway. So I don't think it should make a difference, no.

I was under  the impression that owners cannot just make sudden cash injections. Could this not be a way of bypassing that?

3 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

I was under  the impression that owners cannot just make sudden cash injections. Could this not be a way of bypassing that?

No because FFP is assessed on profit/loss, it wouldn't make any difference to the profit/loss.

36 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Yes, as Jackie Broon says, it's about what hits your short term profit and loss. You're allowed to inject cash for specific longer term reasons.

So, you're not supposed to excessively fund short term spending e.g. on players and wages, whilst gambling that you'll be successful. 

Building a stadium, on the other hand is seen as a longer term thing and less risky - since at very least you'll have an asset to show for it at the end of it - so it's less of an issue for FFP.

It's not perfect, but that's the idea.

“However a senior Whitehall source revealed there was now "serious concern" that the oligarch was "willing to let Chelsea go under" over an alleged "refusal to agree to a sale structure that gives ministers confidence that proceeds would go to a good cause".”

Very interested to see how the Chelsea fans would feel about Abramovich if this came to pass 

Guest neesy111
27 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

How can you be set to approve a deal in 24 hours if there are also major hurdles?

That reads like an update during our takeover farce.

It's because it needs to be approved by Portuguese authorities due to Abramovich having a Portuguese passport even if the UK government approves it.

My head can't quite get around how Chelsea, in this state, is worth that much.

We even picked up more points than them in the second half of the season, and we only cost about a fifteenth of what they'll go for :snod:

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

My head can't quite get around how Chelsea, in this state, is worth that much.

We even picked up more points than them in the second half of the season, and we only cost about a fifteenth of what they'll go for :snod:

That's the effect of FFP, it makes the big 6 clubs incredibly valuable because they already have the revenue to be able to compete at the top of the table within the constraints of FFP. For clubs outside of the big 6 it's an unbridgeable gap, even multi-billionaires don't have the resources to get round FFP, only nation states do.