Chelsea vs. Newcastle United: 13/03/2022 @ 14:00 (Sky)

LRD

8 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Probably, for either Shelvey or Bruno. The two together doesn’t have enough legs at the moment. 

I'd play Bruno and Joelinton. I think that Bruno would really benefit from having a destroyer beside him.  Bring in ASM and Manquillo and give them a go.

Would be nice if we were a bit closer to "full strength" for this one, Manq in for cheese slice, Big Jow back and ASM at least on the bench. A real tribute to how much we're improved is that I think we can actually give these a game now, even if in all likelihood we lose, but I thought we'd lose to Southampton. About time I started to have more faith in the miracle worker Eddie, the confidence and defensive structure he's instilled in these players is astounding.

Be on a train back from a wedding in Scotland so probably going to miss this but so relaxing to know we’re not relying on getting something anymore. Still wouldn’t be totally surprised if we sneak a draw mind (which if I’d typed in December I’d have been rightly sectioned for)

41 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Would absolutely love to do these cunts. When was the last time we won at SB, the Cisse freak goal? Or was there a cup game we won there?

The Cisse 0-2. Lost every game there since.

There's going to be a lot of media focus on this game and a lot of discussion on ownership, including ours - I see we have been briefly mentioned on Sky, BBC, GBNews and social media when discussing Abramovich/Chelski.

Chelsea as a club will be fine, no one including the government, would want to see them go bust or out of business. They are a fashionable London based football institution who have flown the flag in Europe and around the world. A buyer will be found but I doubt they will be as generous as Abramovich. I can see them being another Spurs/Arsenal type - good, but not quite good enough. At some point, together with City and Liverpool, we will take their place at the top table.

Regarding the game itself, I reckon we could win this - Chelsea will be up for it, as will the crowd, but they might be just a little over eager and make mistakes - it could get a bit tasty!

10 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Free hit, no pressure 👍

I agree, especially considering the fixture congestion, the disruption to our usual routine this week/weekend and accumulation of injuries.

No doubt Howe will still be going to win the game but I think as long as we put in a decent performance we can get something from this or atleast keep ourselves in the game till the end.

Just now, Mazzy said:

I agree, especially considering the fixture congestion, the disruption to our usual routine this week/weekend and accumulation of injuries.

No doubt Howe will still be going to win the game but I think as long as we put in a decent performance we can get something from this or atleast keep ourselves in the game till the end.

Exactly. You just know now with Howe and the players there’ll be complete professionalism whatever happens. We can give Chelsea a game and it’ll be interesting just to see us go up against their quality.

The players just won’t be switching off even if privately most will acknowledge we’re probably pretty much safe. 

Never thought I’d be looking forward to us playing Chelsea away man. :lol:

We’ll lose but it’s a good test to see where we are. We’ve started beating the teams around and just above us, I know we’ve drawn with Man U & West Ham in the unbeaten run but this feels a step up.

3-1 Chelsea but we’ll play cannily.

I think this will be a step too far and I expect to be brought back down to earth with a bump (3-1 to Chelsea). Though I absolutely hope I am wrong. 

A solid performance and no more injuries will be good enough for me.

Edited by mouldy_uk

27 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Do we rest players for Everton or do we go as strong as possible here? 

Strong as possible for me, don’t want to disturb the momentum and confidence in the side