Chelsea vs. Newcastle United: 13/03/2022 @ 14:00 (Sky)

LRD

30 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

I wonder what our teams schedule will look like, surely it doesn't make sense to go back to Newcastle after yesterday and back to London on Sunday, perhaps they could just stay and train somewhere in London today and tomorrow ahead of the game?

Staying over in London I think was reported yesterday 

7 hours ago, Nobody said:

They are miles ahead of us like. Be over the moon with a draw, but we don't even need a result here. 

pretty much this on reflection, Chelsea with a win , they will be right up for this one . No disgrace , we are coming for them .

No injuries, thsts really all I care about for this one. Sounds defeatist but there's some good fixtures coming up and this one is out of our reach unless Chelsea fluff their lines. I think their crowd will be wild after all the news and the team defiant. Either the worst or best time to play them. I think worst, unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, Dokko said:

No injuries, thsts really all I care about for this one. Sounds defeatist but there's some good fixtures coming up and this one is out of our reach unless Chelsea fluff their lines. I think their crowd will be wild after all the news and the team defiant. Either the worst or best time to play them. I think worst, unfortunately.

Not so sure, James being out for them is a massive boost for us, plus they play lille on Wednesday so expect them to rest a few. Obviously they are still massive favourites but I feel we can go there without much pressure and have a good go.

1 hour ago, Newcastle Fan said:

I wonder what our teams schedule will look like, surely it doesn't make sense to go back to Newcastle after yesterday and back to London on Sunday, perhaps they could just stay and train somewhere in London today and tomorrow ahead of the game?

The team is staying down south, hence Joelinton travelling with them in case he’s fit for the Chelsea game. 

I think we'll give them a good game, which is more than can be said in times gone past under that useless cabbage headed cunt. Anything here is a bonus, and anything is possible. Chelsea are a very good team, but they're not invincible. Would also love Burn to kick that little cunt Mount right into the stands, can't stand him.

This is so weird. I am actually really looking forward to this game. A defeat (or even a draw) last night & I would've still had a lingering relegation worry in the very back of my mind, and wouldn't have been fully able to enjoy this as the totally free hit it now is. Now we're as good as safe (fivethirtyeight put us as a 2% shot at getting relegated) I just want to enjoy the match, hope the lads give it a good go and we give a good account of ourselves.

Can honestly see us even nabbing a cheeky draw. BDB with a stoppage time equaliser from a corner prompting absolute scenes. 

We will lose, but as another poster has said this a a free hit so I wont be too bothered. 

In a couple of years we should be in a position where losing any game will bother me. We are just not there yet. 

I would hope for a good performance though. 

9 minutes ago, Manxst said:

The team is staying down south, hence Joelinton travelling with them in case he’s fit for the Chelsea game. 

But not ASM? I don't think he's in the post-game pic. Did he not travel? 

I'd like to see the best possible squad against Chelsea.  But I could see saving ASM and Joelinton for Everton.

2 hours ago, The Butcher said:

Do we rest players for Everton or do we go as strong as possible here? 

Everton play away to Palace in FA Cup QFs three days after they play us while our next match is in April. Maybe enough in the tank to take to Goodison Park.

2 months ago this would have been a guaranteed Chelsea win, but then it also would have been a Southampton win too.

Can't call this one, we've got confidence and momentum. They could either have a massive seige mentality, or been shaken by recent events. Cant help but think at least some of their players will have been rattled by the sanctions, and no doubt been told by Tuchel to ignore it and focus on football, but it's not easy to get that kind of stuff out of your mind.

We know how we'll play now, just depends which Chelsea turns up. Pressure is all on them

This won't be easy for Chelsea and that's all we can ask for, make it difficult, defend well and when we do get a chance, hope that it falls to the right player. I'm not expecting anything but I don't think it's a dead rubber either.

Guest HTT II

Chelsea are a conservative and methodical team, like us in many ways, but with way better players. If we work hard, keep our discipline and try and take our chances when we create them, which I imagine will be few and far between, we can get a draw at least. The Rafa way basically when we beat City or now the Howe way when we beat Leeds and last night Southampton. The beauty now, is I don’t fear a thumping or a defeat as I know we will go out to not lose, to try and win and give it everything to do that.

I used to love playing big teams pre Ashley, and for the first time since maybe Rafa’s end of last season am I feeling the same. 

Go and play our game. Hopefully we have Big Joe back for this.