Chelsea vs. Newcastle United: 13/03/2022 @ 14:00 (Sky)

LRD

Guest HTT II
17 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Now where was the argument on Vieria being better than Howe...

Was there one?

I think we should rotate players and prioritise points against Everton, especially as we are away from home and it’s basically a free hit.

Team against Chelsea:

GK- Dubravka 

RB- Krafth

LB- Dummett

CB- Lascelles 

CB- Fernandez 

CM- Willock

CM- Longstaff

CM- Shelvey 

RW- Murphy 

LW- Almirion 

St- Wood 

sub Wood and Willock off on the 60 mins mark for Gayle and Bruno. 

Team against Everton:

GK- Dubravka 

RB- Manquillo 

LB- Targett

CB- Burn

CB- Schar 

CM- Willock

CM- Bruno

CM- Joelinton

RW- Fraser

LW- ASM

St- Wood 

Edited by Jesse Pinkman

I think right now if we could choose from a fully fit eleven, with the likes of Trippier,Wilson, ASM, we can easily give these a game. 

I think it will be our biggest test for a while though.

Hoping for something. 

Edited by mighty__mag

29 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I know what you’re saying but it would be a shame to throw a game when we’re on such a good run. 

Exactly. Need to lose this mentality and aim to win each game. Appreciate rotation will sometimes be required. A good result against Chelsea sets us up better for Everton than rested players and a bad result. Games basically replace training anyway when so many this close together.

12 hours ago, DMLeazesender said:

There's going to be a lot of media focus on this game and a lot of discussion on ownership, including ours - I see we have been briefly mentioned on Sky, BBC, GBNews and social media when discussing Abramovich/Chelski.

Chelsea as a club will be fine, no one including the government, would want to see them go bust or out of business. They are a fashionable London based football institution who have flown the flag in Europe and around the world. A buyer will be found but I doubt they will be as generous as Abramovich. I can see them being another Spurs/Arsenal type - good, but not quite good enough. At some point, together with City and Liverpool, we will take their place at the top table.

Regarding the game itself, I reckon we could win this - Chelsea will be up for it, as will the crowd, but they might be just a little over eager and make mistakes - it could get a bit tasty!

That's the $64M question - How many people will be there - does anyone know how many season ticket holders there are ? i forget the ground capacity, but if a sizeable amount of people are season ticket holders then they ain't getting in.

This I think - as our end will most probably be sold out - could act in our favour.

But prior to the game last night I said I'd say this - " As much as I'd like us to win every game from now to eternity - the 'run' will have to come to an end, so I wouldn't be too unhappy, with the league position we are in, for us to lose on Sunday."

A lose might be hard to take given the run we are on, but it's only the same as the surprise when winning when on a winless run as per earlier in the season, but I feel as thought the team are now bonding, and the moral in the camp wouldn't be too dented if we did lose.

Am predicting a 3-1 home win, as much as i'd like a win, you never know thought.

2 minutes ago, South-Cheshire-Toon said:

That's the $64M question - How many people will be there - does anyone know how many season ticket holders there are ? i forget the ground capacity, but if a sizeable amount of people are season ticket holders then they ain't getting in.

This I think - as our end will most probably be sold out - could act in our favour.

But prior to the game last night I said I'd say this - " As much as I'd like us to win every game from now to eternity - the 'run' will have to come to an end, so I wouldn't be too unhappy, with the league position we are in, for us to lose on Sunday."

A lose might be hard to take given the run we are on, but it's only the same as the surprise when winning when on a winless run as per earlier in the season, but I feel as thought the team are now bonding, and the moral in the camp wouldn't be too dented if we did lose.

Am predicting a 3-1 home win, as much as i'd like a win, you never know thought.

28,000 season tickets apparently, but it won't affect our match with them because the most/all of the match tickets will probably have been sold already.

4 minutes ago, South-Cheshire-Toon said:

The announcement was so close to the fixture that I doubt this game’s attendance  will be affected at all.

56 minutes ago, Jesse Pinkman said:

Team against Chelsea:

GK- Dubravka 

RB- Krafth

LB- Dummett

CB- Lascelles 

CB- Fernandez 

CM- Willock

CM- Longstaff

CM- Shelvey 

RW- Murphy 

LW- Almirion 

St- Wood 

@Johnny Don't worry this weekend, pal. Jesse's got your back.

Newcastle United manager Eddie Howe does not believe the uncertainty surrounding Chelsea's future will impact the club on the pitch.

"I don't think it will have any bearing on Chelsea and how they play," offered Howe.

"We can't change our preparation in any way," said Howe. "I'll be watching Chelsea historically and trying to build a game plan to try to go there and win.

"I don't expect anything on the pitch to be any different."

I wouldn't want to "throw" the game, but I'd also not play anyone who is not 100% fit either due to injury or fatigue.

Call it what you will but I'd be looking to gun down an out of form Everton on the road with fit players. Any points from Chelsea are a bonus to me.

2 hours ago, Jesse Pinkman said:

I think we should rotate players and prioritise points against Everton, especially as we are away from home and it’s basically a free hit.

Team against Chelsea:

GK- Dubravka 

RB- Krafth

LB- Dummett

CB- Lascelles 

CB- Fernandez 

CM- Willock

CM- Longstaff

CM- Shelvey 

RW- Murphy 

LW- Almirion 

St- Wood 

sub Wood and Willock off on the 60 mins mark for Gayle and Bruno. 

Team against Everton:

GK- Dubravka 

RB- Manquillo 

LB- Targett

CB- Burn

CB- Schar 

CM- Willock

CM- Bruno

CM- Joelinton

RW- Fraser

LW- ASM

St- Wood