Chelsea vs. Newcastle United: 13/03/2022 @ 14:00 (Sky)

LRD

I was going to say this game is a free hit for us, in as much as we have done so well in the last couple of months, any result is ok really, even a loss. We have to lose somewhere, and the games against CL clubs are where you would say fair enough.

But actually, I think that's doing Howe's team a disservice. We are very much capable of getting a point there. Our defence has been fantastic, it won't be easy for them to break us down. I reckon a draw is a fair call.

1 hour ago, 54 said:

Newcastle United manager Eddie Howe does not believe the uncertainty surrounding Chelsea's future will impact the club on the pitch.

"I don't think it will have any bearing on Chelsea and how they play," offered Howe.

"We can't change our preparation in any way," said Howe. "I'll be watching Chelsea historically and trying to build a game plan to try to go there and win.

"I don't expect anything on the pitch to be any different."

I just love him. All of us delighted to take a draw and he talks about going to Stamford Bridge with the intention of three points. And I believe him. 

12 minutes ago, wormy said:

I just love him. All of us delighted to take a draw and he talks about going to Stamford Bridge with the intention of three points. And I believe him. 

All the meanwhile he'd have been rolling down Tuchel's foreskin and saying what 'tough opposition' they were.

Edited by toon25

51 minutes ago, wormy said:

Exactly, under Ashley and Bruce it would have been "well, y'know we're going to go there and just try and limit them as much as we can. But we know we can't compete with them"

After our tremendous run of games I'm just really looking forward to this one as a spectacle. It's nice not having a must win game, hopefully this continues for the remainder of the season.

I'm hoping Joelinton, Manquillo and ASM make a return as it improves our chances.

7 hours ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

There was definitely one poster claiming this based on past achievements

I assume this refers to me as I was the one rating Vieira.  Not based on past achievements, but on the quality of the football they were playing. No I didn't rate him higher than Howe. I think I had him 10th, which really offended some people. I think I had OGS in my bottom three.

(Palace are 11th in the table and managers who had better squads to work with are now out of work.)

Reasons to be positive for this one:

We're unbeaten in nine, winning six of those

We've scored in all nine of those games 

Chelsea have only won 6 of 12 home games this season, dropping points to bottom half teams Burnley, Everton and Brighton

Chelsea have only kept 4 clean sheets in 12 home games this season

Chelsea have injuries at full back. James and Chilwell are out, while Azpilicueta and the murderer are doubtful

They'll have one eye on Lille next week 

They're suffering a lot of turmoil off the pitch 

10 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Chelsea have only won 6 of 12 home games this season, dropping points to bottom half teams Burnley, Everton and Brighton

Chelsea have injuries at full back. James and Chilwell are out, while Azpilicueta and the murderer are doubtful

We could be without Schar, Joelinton and Saint Max as well as the long termers.

Wouldn't be surprised if they go for this as a last hurrah but could also go the other way

More than happy with a point, atmosphere could be toxic if our fans take the piss out if their predicament.

Guest reefatoon
19 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I know what you’re saying but it would be a shame to throw a game when we’re on such a good run. 

There is no way Howe would even be contemplating throwing a game like. Nothing negative about him at all, and definitely not someone to go down that route. He’ll be picking a team to get points.

12 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Plus, there is zero pressure on us, the threat of relegation is a distant memory.  

Just because if so many games in a short space of time i'd rest Shelvey and bring big Jo back in and look at an earyish sub bringing off Willock off and then dependant of Schar groin maybe bring Fede in as well. If St max or Manq are fit bring 1 of them in aswell

6 hours ago, 1964 said:

Plus, there is zero pressure on us, the threat of relegation is a distant memory.  

Plus, if we win, we go above Brighton, potentially above Palace (Man city on Monday) and Leiceser (away against Arsenal) too. Best case scenario we can be 11th after this round :lol: