Everton 1 - 0 Newcastle United (17/03/2022)

Yorkie

8 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

That's pre contact, take it back 2 frames and Allan's foot is on the floor.

The replay's showed contact was high on ASMs shin

It's not pre contact. At what minute/second does he get ASM high on the shin?

Edited by Mr Raspberry Jam

Christ, I know it's a series of errors like, but what the fuck was Burn doing? Just inexplicably Beckenbaur to Bramble in that one moment, I don't get what he was thinking. Terrible from Dubravka as well like. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

11 minutes ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Untitled.png

He knew he was taking the man and not the ball and it was reckless at that pace in that way, he can't complain about being sent off.

But, I just can't see how this is overturned by VAR, the ref had a perfect view of it, I can't see what he could've said different that would make it a clear and obvious error. It's a judgement call that could've gone either way and it seems it's just a case of the ref changing his mind, which we've been told VAR doesn't allow.

They really should be reporting what was said by the ref in these cases.

I thoutht it could have been a red in real time tbh but I'm absolutely amazed it was upgraded. It was the definition of an orange card so it should have gone with the ref who watched it at full speed right in front of his eyes.

Still pissed off like. Two late goals conceded in 4 days to lose us games we didn’t deserve too.

Said it last night but can’t wait to never see Murphy, Krafth, Dubravka, Wood and a few others who just have nothing about them. 

21 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Christ, I know it's a series of errors like, but what the fuck was Burn doing? Just inexplicably Beckenbaur to Bramble in that one moment, I don't get what he was thinking. Terrible from Dubravka as well like. 

Rush of blood, thought he could get there before the ball and was wrong. See it all the time in 5 a side [emoji38]

45 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

That's pre contact, take it back 2 frames and Allan's foot is on the floor.

The replay's showed contact was high on ASMs shin

Pretty much. I didn't think much of it as it happened, but looking at the replay, if ASM had his foot on the ground when that tackle hit, his leg would be snapped in half.

We missed Shelvey today. Against Chelsea away that was fine because we're not going to have much of the ball, but with the time and space they gave us today, he'd have enjoyed it. Everton were really poor I thought as the home side, there for the taking, but we had no ideas and gifted them a win. It was still an OK performance overall but we need more movement up front. People are talking about defenders but I think the front 3 cost us today.

4 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

There’s literally no form of protest that doesn’t piss people off. If people can’t handle 15 mins of a football game being delayed, they really need see a counselor.

See, I would say that it was the protestor that needed counselling.

Of course stopping a game of football that 40,000 people have paid to go and watch is going to piss people off.

10 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

There’s literally no form of protest that doesn’t piss people off. If people can’t handle 15 mins of a football game being delayed, they really need see a counselor.

There literally is plenty of forms of protest that don't target the public MD, in fact many successful protests include the public.  

Even if there weren't, it totally ignores the reality that it does piss people off and turn them away, regardless of what you might think that says about them. Immature LARPer activism.

Edited by Kid Icarus

Just now, The Prophet said:

Isn't the aim of protesting to cause disruption while maintaining some public sympathy? He definitely didn't strike that balance.

Dunno about that like. It was a 10min delay to a game of football. Not exactly up there with XR hopping on top of the tube at rush hour or Insulate Britain blocking ambulances from getting to hospital. 

Can’t imagine how much he stunk like. Looked very school shooter / incel-y so should be thankful the daft lad was only interested in choking himself.

aaful second half, never a red card but no way we should be losing after it.

29 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Could you give me an example? Many successful protests don’t involve the public? yeah no, that’s not remotely true. Coverage is essential to success. 

Why is it LARPer activism? because you don’t like the guy and he looks a bit weird? Would you have respected it if he was 25, and didn’t have long greasy hair?

Read back what I said again. I said they DO involve the public (as in the public are involved in protesting)

The second bit with the reasons you're suggesting is just childishness. Not sure why you're lowering yourself to that. 

It's LARPer activism because it serves no strategic purpose and only really serves to make that person think they're doing something and 'raising awareness'. It pisses off the public, turns them against you, listening to you, and the message - the exact opposite of what activism is supposed to be about - gaining members, support, and solidarity.

It's not even the type of protest that's a problem either - much more violent and disruptive protests and movements have been successful - it's who they target that matters. 

Examples - there are countless examples, but just off the top of my head, most grass roots political movements, the labour movement, the million man march, the George Floyd protests.

Edited by Kid Icarus