Everton 1 - 0 Newcastle United (17/03/2022)

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Will he have the work rate, and track back for his new found critic's?

It's not that, it's whether he'll try and beat half the Everton team himself and ignore the two players in space, only to end up losing the ball. As has been said, with good coaching, it's hopefully something that can be improved upon.

He needs to be told that if he's going at Godfrey, get it in the box as Wood/Willock/Joelinton could have the beating of Keane and Holgate.

Think Bruno's arguably been our best player. ??? There was one moment where his touch was a bit loose but he won it back instantly. Other than that he's always showed and passed it really well.

Just now, Yorkie said:

Think Bruno's arguably been our best player. ??? There was one moment where his touch was a bit loose but he won it back instantly. Other than that he's always showed and passed it really well.

He has been passing and movement brilliant and a world class first touch, college drop out is only man watching who thinks otherwise.

Everton look clueless as soon as they have the ball. No movement or anyone wanting to take responsibility. Reminds me of some of our past sides. 

Get Maxi on to retire Coleman. 

Love the way Bruno can change direction, his balance is just superb and that ball midway through the half.. absolutely classy!

Think Willock has been poor tbh, if he was reaching the boil a few games ago he’s dropped off a bit.

Both Fraser and Almiron have also been poor.. it’s crying out for Maxi. If he’s fit he should come on early, he takes a little while to warm into games so last 15 mins probably isn’t enough.

Just now, gbandit said:

Wood really needs to do better in the air, he gets on the end of so many balls but apart from the other day he hasn’t had more than one really threatening header 

Plays the man too often and ignores the ball. It's frustrating. 

1 minute ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

It's not that, it's whether he'll try and beat half the Everton team himself and ignore the two players in space, only to end up losing the ball. As has been said, with good coaching, it's hopefully something that can be improved upon.

He needs to be told that if he's going at Godfrey, get it in the box as Wood/Willock/Joelinton could have the beating of Keane and Holgate.

[emoji38]

I wouldn't pass to Wood either if I was him. 

think we’ve been alright, reading this thread you’d think we were 3-0 down :lol: we’ve easily been the better team.

although, Krafth is a turd and Miggy isn’t much better.

they remind me of us before we signed Wood. no focal point going forward whatsoever. easy to defend against.

we’ll win this. bye.

It's largely been a very controlled performance, like, and you can tell we could up the pace if we want to.

Feels like we kept them at distance a bit there to take the sting out of the occasion. I imagine we'll ramp up the pressure a bit as the second half goes on.