Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle United - 3/4/22 @ 16:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

I think the same, possibly Krafth instead of Manquillo as Howe seemingly preferred him recently when Manquillo was back to full fitness? Seems like Howe is quite cautious about bringing people back into the side when they’re coming back to full fitness which I quite like. I’m predicting a 2-2 draw 

The Spurs front three are electric like, Kulusevski has slotted in nicely. He's not the fastest, but he uses the ball really, really well. It's difficult to see us getting anything here. The hope is Spurs have an off day, which isn't totally unheard of.

Edited by The Prophet

4 minutes ago, Thiago said:

If we play like we did against Chelsea I think we can win. 

Spurs and Conte sides tend to most damage on transition. A low block is a killer for them.

Good point, they've really struggled against sides that have deployed the low block.

Despite losing two in a row, we still haven't conceded two in a game since Man City. Even with that game included, our record is 12 allowed in the last 12 matches.

Tottenham are banging in the goals under Conte, but are still wildly inconsistent. Seven wins and five defeats in their last 12. No draws.

6 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Good point, they've really struggled against sides that have deployed the low block.

Conte has had a wonderful career in management already.

That said, two of his more pronounced struggles are managing multiple competitions (he rarely does well in Europe) and also figuring out how to break through a stern defence. I sometimes think it's a consequence of his reliance on pressing. We've seen under Eddie Howe how an organised press can really help a team create chances without needing a lot of the ball. That's grand, but when the team you're facing doesn't really come out and try to play, how do you then create the space required? Short answer, you don't, so everything needs to be more precise.

They may still batter us, score a few corners, a well worked cross, who knows. I do think Conte is a good bet for Spurs long term, but only if they actually have the stones to back him and build him a squad capable. Right now, the defence alone is nowhere near it. 

I'd be more confident about this if we had a decent strike force in place, as I think they'l get a couple of goals at least. Any points here would be welcome, but we'll have to work bloody hard for them and avoid any late trauma like at Chelsea. 

I'm getting to go to this one too, looking forward to it! 

If we can be the team that plays on the counter, there's no reason we can't beat them. Kane and Son are in form, but when they and the rest of Spurs are trying to break teams down rather than playing on the counter, they're not the same.

I fancy us to scrape a narrow win.

This isn't the game for ASM tracking runners. Let him play right in behind their right wingback, let Joelinton do that work and when we win possession play quick passes into ASM.

Also the game for Bruno. One good through ball on the counter could be killer against these lot.

Also they were bobbins in the air against Southampton the other week, so Chris Wood should... actually na forget that. :lol:

Apart from that, don't play a high line against Son please.

2 hours ago, STM said:

This isn't the game for ASM tracking runners. Let him play right in behind their right wingback, let Joelinton do that work and when we win possession play quick passes into ASM.

Also the game for Bruno. One good through ball on the counter could be killer against these lot.

Also they were bobbins in the air against Southampton the other week, so Chris Wood should... actually na forget that. :lol:

Apart from that, don't play a high line against Son please.

Lascelles facing Son scares me