The Witcher 4

Because let's be honest  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What will be released first?

• This
    • The next GoT book

57 minutes ago, Troll said:

:lol:  I really hope they don't.

I see it more as a first hurdle to clear.

If they can't deliver a half assed remaster that is already a year late, my Magic 8 Ball does not predict good outcomes for their future endeavours.

I haven't played Cyberpunk yet, but I'm pretty confident this will end being more like Witcher 3.

They know how to make these games, Cyberpunk was clearly a different beast and was clearly too much judging by the reactions.

• 7 months later...

The gaming industry is now hitting the same problem movie industry has for last 20 years. Too scared to make something original, just remake something popular. Still think gaming is more inventive and creative with story ideas, but it's getting annoying with all the remakes.

I never got to play the first game until AFTER I played 2 and 3 and as much as those games obviously have issues with controls it was nothing compared to 1.

I just couldn't get used to how outdated it felt to play, looking forward to a remake.

On 27/10/2022 at 11:37, hakka said:

The gaming industry is now hitting the same problem movie industry has for last 20 years. Too scared to make something original, just remake something popular. Still think gaming is more inventive and creative with story ideas, but it's getting annoying with all the remakes.

I think this is one game where a remake makes sense, it's not like they aren't making other games.

They're doing a new Cyberpunk, Witcher and a new IP to go along with this. No idea how they're finding the people to do this but alas.

12 minutes ago, Mole said:

I think this is one game where a remake makes sense, it's not like they aren't making other games.

They're doing a new Cyberpunk, Witcher and a new IP to go along with this. No idea how they're finding the people to do this but alas.

It's more a reflection of the market than an specific attack on The Witcher. Remakes just seem to be becoming too much of a thing, then remastering or remaking again per generation of console. I loved TLOU and I only ever played it on the original PS4, but one of my mates made a big argument about the latest high value next gen remake of TLOU saying "I ain't buying it a 3rd time" as he had already done PS3 and PS4 versions. Dawned on me a parallel with movie industry where safe bet is becoming a remake over going all out for something new.

6 hours ago, Mole said:

They're not doing it, it's being outsourced to another dev team.