Tottenham Hotspur 5 - 1 Newcastle United (03/04/2022)

BlueStar

Guest HTT II

Anyway, yesterday…

I thought we were decent in the first half and then inexplicably after they score we just fell apart and got rightly battered in the end. I saw signs of how Howe wants us to play next season/with better players but tactically our approach to the second half was worrying given the lack of true talent in the team and how everyone knows Spurs like a team that comes out to them.

53 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I do like the way Conte tries to play, he’s a toxic kind of manager, but with the right recruitment, he’s a winner.

Genuine question, ,but what do you mean by "toxic"? (I'm not looking for an argument)

And before you answer, just remember we had Jose Mourinho not so long before Conte, so I think we know a little of the full meaning of the term! :laugh:

14 minutes ago, GreenAndWhiteArmy said:

Genuine question, ,but what do you mean by "toxic"? (I'm not looking for an argument)

And before you answer, just remember we had Jose Mourinho not so long before Conte, so I think we know a little of the full meaning of the term! :laugh:

Conte is a Cunt.  That is all!

Guest HTT II
48 minutes ago, GreenAndWhiteArmy said:

In that he’s abrasive and is political at times (football politics), similar to Mourinho, but not as bad. He’s a great manager though!

Guest neesy111
13 minutes ago, Outremont said:

Burns performance against Spurs was the worst I’ve ever seen from a centre back

Nah.

Cacapa says hi.

Steven Taylor says hi.

Etc.

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Was that the only game of football you have ever seen then ?

On a similar note. I saw a Spurs fan describe Guimaraes as “one of the worst players he has seen this season.” 

Obviously wasn’t paying much attention before he came on. Or when they played Everton, obviously. 

The internet is full of extreme and OTT opinions these days. 

Guest HTT II
1 hour ago, Outremont said:

Burns performance against Spurs was the worst I’ve ever seen from a centre back

Even worse than that time KK resigned at half-time because he couldn’t hack it at CB…

Edited by HTT II

Conte out coached Howe by exploiting our weaknesses !

Pressing wing-backs leave a hole, centre backs fill the void, lack of pace by Burn was Conte’s focal point !

We are miles away from being competent, fortunately there’s weaker teams than ours this season !

Was thinking last night that despite how pissed off I was after the game on Sunday we really should be bottling this feeling and committing it to memory.

That feeling of having been outplayed, outsmarted and ultimately smashed by a 'top 6' club that are better than us all over the pitch should be something to remember and reminisce about because if this summer and the next few seasons go as we hope/expect then getting a spanking and seeing our average players chase shadows will be a thing of the past.

Remembering back to games like Sunday will just go to show how far we've come and what the last 14+ years have been like.