Newcastle United vs Wolverhampton Wanderers, 8/4/2022 @ 20:00 (Sky)

LRD

I'd fucking try Gayle, seriously, I've lost patience with Wood now. 

And no, I dont buy into this, his pressence in the box, or hold up, or whatever other wank excuse someone wants to make for him not scoring goals. 

8 hours ago, TRC said:

Dubravka

Manquillo 

Schar

Burn

Targett

Bruno

Shelvey

Joelinton 

ASM

Wood

Fraser

Let's bounce back

All good, but Willock for Shelvey, after seeing some of his 'running backs' yesterday - looks like he's been on the pies again - needs to get fit quick.

6 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

I'd fucking try Gayle, seriously, I've lost patience with Wood now. 

And no, I dont buy into this, his pressence in the box, or hold up, or whatever other wank excuse someone wants to make for him not scoring goals. 

HE WINS SO MANY AERIAL DUELS

Dubravka 

Schar          Lascelles        Burn

Manquillo     Bruno         Longstaff     Targett

Fraser          Wood          ASM

There won't be much in this at all. Wolves have the best away record in the league outside the top three. The foundation of that is they're a really solid defensive unit. That'll be boosted by the returns of Boly and Semedo.

While defensively solid they have found goals hard to come by and that won't be helped with missing their biggest two threats in Neves and Jiminez. That means they'll be relying on a tricky but erratic front three of Podence, Trincao and Silva to do the damage. 

Yesterday's horror show aside. We haven't conceded more than one goal in a game since December, but much like Wolves we haven't exactly been electric in front of goal either. I do think we have to factor in a bouncing SJP under the lights. I think this will be a fairly low scoring game and I'm torn between 0-0 or 1-0 to us.

2 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

1-1 draw.

Agree, we usually get these vs Wolves and I think it'll be fairly cagey.

Would shake hands on a draw now tbh to stop the rot as 4 losses on the bounce would be bad.

1 hour ago, Hanshithispantz said:

It's a bit of a meh game and the players are probably thinking the same at the minute.

It's going to be hard to replicate the form that pretty much got us safe when we have nothing to play for anymore. Just a long wait until the summer.

I get the feeling but we aren't safe just yet ,lose this and we will be shot confidence wise , the very thing we thrived on. Just don't lose it .

Its not time to panic and change the team after one bad result, I think he will give the same side from yesterday a chance to redeem and show more of what we saw on that good run

41 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Weirdly looking at these three home games as a collective rather than one off games. A draw would be fine here, as long as we beat Leicester or Palace.

I'm the same, rather than looking at any one individual game I have the mindset of 4 points from these three (well, four including Norwich away after) games would likely see us safe. Which should be doable. Should.....

Shelvey looked very leggy yesterday, seemed like he was running on a treacle covered pitch at times.

Bruno switch for him and possibly get fraser and ASM to switch sides a bit as i think we are becoming predictable and they just double up on ASM and it seems to be working...