sunderland in the EFL

Big River

15 hours ago, Cronky said:

From what I saw of the game, they looked a division above Wycombe. 

We've just got to deal with it, guys.

Deal with what :lol: 

Couldn’t give a fuck if they get to the prem, they’ll be nowhere near us now, ever.

2 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

3 hours after the final whistle and they're already big-time charlies :) . That 2 year old interview must've burned a hole in Gooch's cold L1 heart

Liverpool will be taking this as inspiration when they look for retribution against Real Madrid. 

47 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Could be the summer they get rid of Donald & Methven.

Iirc, they've got to match the other owners investment & can't. 

Can only assume they'll get their pay day. 

Yeah, reckon they've been waiting for the Championship to sell their stake as will be worth a fair bit more. They played a blinder to be fair (at the expense of the club).

3 hours ago, HTT II said:

Again, someone on their forum said it was our final, although I assume that person meant our final to hope they lose.

Ah fuck it I’m no Scouser mackem Mike OK :lol:

But…

I had about 5 mates down there at Wembley and half my son’s team-mates are little mackem cunts so I’m kind of happy for them.

:aww:

Two day ban.

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

Btw I thought it was a decent game despite the lack of quality and they obviously fully deserved to win, they have one or two players who are too good for League One, but can they step it up in the Championship?

Gap between League One and the Championship is the biggest one in the pyramid imo. National League, League Two and League One are very similar in quality but in the Championship you've got clubs with PL level talent and clubs with big parachute payments coming down whereas the clubs coming up from League One have minimal income and quality by comparison. Be a big step up for them. They have to recruit well or they'll struggle to stay in the league.

57 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Deal with what :lol: 

Couldn’t give a fuck if they get to the prem, they’ll be nowhere near us now, ever.

That's my view, I genuinely don't care.  They are a million miles away from the premier league

A lot of good mates celebrating like mad this weekend. I am actually happy for them, more than I thought. It helps we're not a basket case of a club anymore and have a very bright future. Same guys next season are going to be massively sore getting pumped by the Championship while we make massive strides on and off the pitch. It's going to be tough for them to realise both clubs may never be on the same level again. 

3 minutes ago, Dokko said:

A lot of good mates celebrating like mad this weekend. I am actually happy for them, more than I thought. It helps we're not a basket case of a club anymore and have a very bright future. Same guys next season are going to be massively sore getting pumped by the Championship while we make massive strides on and off the pitch. It's going to be tough for them to realise both clubs may never be on the same level again. 

We'll be lightyears ahead of them in 2-3 years, if we aren't already. Can't see them ever getting close to us again, if we ever play them in a derby in the future it'll be like the Merseyside derby post-Klopp both in terms of dominance in the difference in league position but also in the actual games. We'll be having like ~75% possession and shit.

3 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

We'll be lightyears ahead of them in 2-3 years, if we aren't already. Can't see them ever getting close to us again, if we ever play them in a derby in the future it'll be like the Merseyside derby post-Klopp both in terms of dominance in the difference in league position but also in the actual games. We'll be having like ~75% possession and shit.

giphy.webp

Edited by Lazarus

To see everyone talking about little old Sunderland and their amazing fans must be f***ing eye-watering

Heard it all now, whenever we are on tv, the total fume and outrage of the coverage of our fans has them in absolute meldown, within their rather lengthy match threads on our games :lol:

2 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

There's not a football ground in the country that wouldn't have acted the exact same. Man U were the pantomime villains, and had just beaten their team.  

Anyone thinking their ground would have behaved differently, is not being honest with themselves. The football circus loves ups and downs. 

God we would have loved it. :lol:

5 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

There's not a football ground in the country that wouldn't have acted the exact same. Man U were the pantomime villains, and had just beaten their team.  

Anyone thinking their ground would have behaved differently, is not being honest with themselves. The football circus loves ups and downs. 

Would still be complete cringe. You’re absolutely correct, though.

Guest HTT II
1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

The greatest fans Wembo has ever seen, everyone they bumped into wished them luck and said FTM.

Even aliens from Mars come down to say how great they were, best fans ever at Wembo and they wish them luck in the Champo and they’ll see them again in the Prembo.