sunderland in the EFL

Big River

13 minutes ago, midds said:

Could well be misremembering this here but did anyone go on like this lot when we bounced back at the first attempt the last 2 times? 

They've got promoted and fair enough, it's a bit of a big deal, but my overriding memory was one of subdued relief that we managed to win the league straight away. No cheering, no fanfare or fuss, no bragging, didn't even get a mention on SM, just relief we got straight back up and that was it. Stuff I've seen this weekend has been ridiculous, absolutely full of themselves that they've managed to squeeze their way out of Division 3. Massively disproportionate imo but each to their own. 

Might just be the ones I know personally, but they're all just relieved to be out the division and aren't really getting carried away. However they're pretty much all season ticket holders and not fair-weather fans who have stayed at home most of the season before going down to London.

6 hours ago, midds said:

Could well be misremembering this here but did anyone go on like this lot when we bounced back at the first attempt the last 2 times? 

They've got promoted and fair enough, it's a bit of a big deal, but my overriding memory was one of subdued relief that we managed to win the league straight away. No cheering, no fanfare or fuss, no bragging, didn't even get a mention on SM, just relief we got straight back up and that was it. Stuff I've seen this weekend has been ridiculous, absolutely full of themselves that they've managed to squeeze their way out of Division 3. Massively disproportionate imo but each to their own. 

They often go on about our needy fans desperate to be relevant :waiting:

Yet all this weekend proves is them being exactly like that , the Friday night etc they must show everyone how massive they are. Desperate to show the country it. It boils down to the massive chip on their shoulders they have with us , it’s always been like that and always will , dont let them fool any cunt .

They hate it that we are the regions capital , the big lads .It eats away at every single person from Sunderland every day . The can’t rest, they must try to be relevant but in truth not one single fuck outside of Wearside is given about them, that constantly kills them as well.

Rise as high as they want, they will never ever be mentioned when you ask someone about the NE. Fuckwits .[emoji38]

6 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I think they’ve got spreadsheets with made-up MLF %s for every hamlet in Co Durham

’Hunwick is 93.46% sunlun marra’

Ha ha.Give it time and they’ll be saying Tyne and Wear is predominantly red and white,and always has been.

10 hours ago, midds said:

I think the difference was that we bounced back straight away and still felt like a Premier League club. That year(s) was something new and a bit fun. They actually became an established League One team (although few would admit it) so getting out after years of struggling probably feels a bit different

17 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

I think the difference was that we bounced back straight away and still felt like a Premier League club. That year(s) was something new and a bit fun. They actually became an established League One team (although few would admit it) so getting out after years of struggling probably feels a bit different

Yeah, I'd go along with that :thup:

11 hours ago, GWN said:

They often go on about our needy fans desperate to be relevant :waiting:

Yet all this weekend proves is them being exactly like that , the Friday night etc they must show everyone how massive they are. Desperate to show the country it. It boils down to the massive chip on their shoulders they have with us , it’s always been like that and always will , dont let them fool any cunt .

They hate it that we are the regions capital , the big lads .It eats away at every single person from Sunderland every day . The can’t rest, they must try to be relevant but in truth not one single fuck outside of Wearside is given about them, that constantly kills them as well.

Rise as high as they want, they will never ever be mentioned when you ask someone about the NE. Fuckwits .[emoji38]

:clap:

I think they could actually do OK next year. If Forest go up then it wouldn't be a huge surprise if current playoff sides Luton and Huddersfield end up going back towards the bottom half. Leeds staying up helps, and Burnley look like they may be a basket case next season. Norwich likely will be there or thereabouts again like they always seem to be, but reading their Pink'Un forum, there's a lot of 'it feels different this time', so who knows. West Brom have Steve Bruce, so outside of Boro, Sheff U, maybe Norwich and Watford, and a few others, it doesn't seem as strong / intimidating as it normally would, and Neil seems to know what he's doing / knows the division, there'll be a feel good factor with fans back onside, and with just a couple of shrewd additions, I think they could easily be in the top half.

I think they could do OK, they could also find themselves stuck in that division for 15-25 years like Leeds and Forest and many others have, and that's probably the more likely scenario given their financial position.

Edited by Jackie Broon

Just now, tomlynnherrington said:

I cannot see Rotherham or Wigan splashing the cash, but with the parachute money I expect Burnley,Norwich and Watford fighting for promotion next season.

Burnley already have plans for their parachute money. 

9 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Cornet from Burnley not getting a mention for anyone? Seemed areet from my minimal exposure to him.

We need to be looking at players to the next level, just don't think he is that player to be honest.