sunderland in the EFL

Big River

1 hour ago, TK-421 said:

Is that not the whole point though? Its not particularly having a go at her as a person, for her looks, or being misogynistic or anything like that. Its all about what she said on that video clip..

"They're norrin the premiership, WE ARE!"

And basically ripping her for that, given they then plummeted to the championsip and then league one just after that clip came out.

Yes that's all it's about , some folk are so touchy FFS .

1 hour ago, TK-421 said:

Is that not the whole point though? Its not particularly having a go at her as a person, for her looks, or being misogynistic or anything like that. Its all about what she said on that video clip..

"They're norrin the premiership, WE ARE!"

And basically ripping her for that, given they then plummeted to the championsip and then league one just after that clip came out.

No I do absolutely get what you’re saying and I understand the context of those clowns saying it, but then when it’s taken out of the original context with just their mugs plastered all over a flag it just looks a bit distasteful if you ask me. Anyway, I don’t think I’m particularly touchy about it, I know why people are at it, I just think it’s a bit shit craic really. Don’t particularly want to thought police anyone 😊

30 minutes ago, 1964 said:

If I'm honest I'm a bit uncomfortable with it, I don't know her mental state but things like this can have a negative impact and all that might bring

Exactly. It's bullying. She said something in good humour and it's used to ridicule her. 

With Southamptom, Leeds, and Leicester joining championship add to that Middlesbrough, Coventry, WBA, Norwich, and Blackburn it would be a miracle if Sunderland can finish in playoff positions next season. Guarantee 2 more seasons out of PL for them. 

On 01/06/2023 at 17:33, aa5773 said:

With Southamptom, Leeds, and Leicester joining championship add to that Middlesbrough, Coventry, WBA, Norwich, and Blackburn it would be a miracle if Sunderland can finish in playoff positions next season. Guarantee 2 more seasons out of PL for them. 

Yep, this season was their chance. Will be a few years before they get a chance like that. 

2 hours ago, madras said:

I referred to it earlier in the thread. They've never seemed to have recovered from it.

Seems to be. They've spent most of the time since outside the top division.

Football wasn't invented in 1957 marra

That aupaalaves weirdo on RTG still trying to force the Sunderland/Bilbao shirts theory on everyone. He's posted a link to the site with their theories. Only 1 reply so far from a couple of days ago seems to shoot him down in flames. :lol:

https://rokerreport.sbnation.com/2023/6/2/23745097/sunderland-afc-and-the-origin-of-athletic-club-de-bilbaos-red-and-white-colours#comments

Screenshot_20230604-204237.png

Last I checked they were fundamentally opposed to Fender (who is obviously shit due to where he's from and who he supports) due to the Newcastle "hegemony" and "Geordiefication of the North East".

AKA outside of RTG - doing a gig in your hometown at the football clubs stadium.

Edited by Wolfcastle

I'm going to guess 'vile', 'disgusting', 'well that's me done with golf anarl', 'scum, subhuman scum'... more performative outrage on something they wouldn't give a single shit about if PIF weren't linked with getting us back to the Champion's League in record time, so wallow in your lower league filth and keep seething!

As an aside, why does that creepy Walter Mitty character have such a boner for some non-existent link with Bilbao? It's such a weird flag to wave, especially as anyone with eyes can see a much more recent, strong and actually real connection with a club he presumably hates. What a fucking oddball.