sunderland in the EFL

Big River

1 hour ago, Big Geordie said:

Was there as much fuss when Liam Gallagher walked out on stage, in an NUFC top back in 1997? (Oasis were at the Arena the night we played Barcelona)

Am also minded when David Bowie apparently did a gig at Roker Park and started by saying 'Hello, Newcastle!'. :D

It’s 26 years almost since we won at Roker Park. How shit are we?

Guest HTT II

For all their faux outrage about human rights and women’s rights in SA, I find their constant attacks on AS for her looks (she has a medical condition), fucking as grotesque as their shit hole of a chicken town. 

I can't imagine fans of any biggish club getting off just on having played at a reconstructed Wembley unless they've won which is telling.

Its a 'good day out' for small clubs in the FA Vase or freak cup finalists like Bradford.  I doubt even Palace fans play with themselves for getting beat in the cup final a few years back, many can't wait to get out and away its that great an experience, the losing end is empty in 5'.

Getting beat in a league cup final is the pinnacle of their clubs existence since 1992. Snap with Tranmere and Bradford.

Edited by Wolfcastle

31 minutes ago, HTT II said:

For all their faux outrage about human rights and women’s rights in SA, I find their constant attacks on AS for her looks (she has a medical condition), fucking as grotesque as their shit hole of a chicken town. 

Agreed, horrible two faced set if fans 

9 minutes ago, Sima said:

Now making badges with Yemeni flags on.

Owa Colours marra. Full support. Unless they come ower heya steyling ower benefits leyk. 

Guest HTT II
6 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I’ve gone off Fender tbh, saw him complaining about bootleg merch lol. Does he not make enough? Wack imo 

I only heard of him when we were taken over, I like some of his stuff and good luck to the lad, but I wouldn’t go to one of his gigs and I do find it a put off that his gigs is merging into a Toon supporters fest which is understandable no doubt, but it’s a music gig not a NUFC match FFS!

Just now, Gallowgate Toon said:

I've heard toon chants in some form or other at every gig I've been to since lockdown, including for artists that you wouldn't think attract that type of crowd. It's just a massive part of the city's culture, you can't really escape it.

I've been to three gigs since lockdown and haven't heard anything like that.

Guest HTT II
Just now, ManDoon said:

Yeah it weirds me out a bit too, and complaining about bootleg merch is so wank to me. Like fans aren’t rich, I’m sure he’s making a lot of money. Really put me off him 

Nirvana (my band) loved that fans were making their own merch and they wouldn’t have been half as popular as they were and are today without that element of being a fan of a group/music. 

Merch is the only way artists really make any real money tbf. Every artist will have a different outlook on it and considering they all get absolutely shafted in every other area it's understandable that they might get pissed off about the one area that's truly their own being stepped on.

As far as I am aware, with the switch to streaming artists make nowhere near as much from their actual music compared to the days of physical media.

Would explain the stance.

21 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Merch is the only way artists really make any real money tbf. Every artist will have a different outlook on it and considering they all get absolutely shafted in every other area it's understandable that they might get pissed off about the one area that's truly their own being stepped on.

Aye, merchandise & touring is mainly it now.

Guest HTT II
Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Aye, merchandise & touring is mainly it now.

Should get a proper job then!

Live concerts and merchandise is the only way they make any money. Streaming services bring in minimal amounts and COVID knacked live concerts so if folks start ripping off their merch then that leaves no income whatsoever.

Edited by OverThere
Typo

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

Nirvana (my band) loved that fans were making their own merch and they wouldn’t have been half as popular as they were and are today without that element of being a fan of a group/music. 

Your band? You didnt even mention Cobains anniversary the other day! ;)