sunderland in the EFL

Big River

On 21/04/2022 at 14:16, Wallsendmag said:

That time earlier in the season when they tried to organise their own flag display and only 2 volunteers turned up so they had to scrap it will never not be funny like :lol:

Marvellous game for head tennis afficianados

makems have been the better side TBF. Hopefully Wednesday will be able to turn it around next half. Bigger picture - losing the finals or being relegated back to League One would be my first two choices for their fate. 

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Mad how Sheff Wed have a higher xG than Sunderland

How does that work? Have they even had a shot

Gregory has had 2 on target

Just now, Gaztoon said:

Crazy it's almost 20 year since he played for them.

You know when we all "Yeah right, Grandad whatever" when they'd talk about Super Mac and shit. We're basically those old fucks now when we talk about Rob Lee. 

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Gregory has had 2 on target

Are they the ones that just bounced off him?

Sunderland literally had an open goal from about 2 yards out, he could barely miss

Just now, OCK said:

You know when we all "Yeah right, Grandad whatever" when they'd talk about Super Mac and shit. We're basically those old fucks now when we talk about Rob Lee. 

Crazy how time flies.

Seems two mins ago Lee was playing

Just now, joeyt said:

Are they the ones that just bounced off him?

Sunderland literally had an open goal from about 2 yards out, he could barely miss

Aye I had a bet on Gregory & Stewart 2+ shots on target each. Couldn’t get any luckier the 2 Gregory ones bounced off him as you sat and Stewart got 2 in the same move :lol:

I'm surprised anyone cares if they go up. They aren't going to stay in league 1 forever. It might be an unpopular opinion but they are genuinely too big to be in league 1.

The Championship will be very tough for them and will take them a few years to crack but they will reach the PL eventually too.

By that time we will be miles away.

1 minute ago, Nine said:

From what I've seen tonight they would get shit on week in week out in the championship

Just what I was thinking. Promotion means they need an entire new squad just to stay up. With their financial woes, that won't be possible.