sunderland in the EFL

Big River

18 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

The really seem convinced they are passing straight through the championship this next season on their way back to the Premier league.

Tbf theres a canny few taking in water after last night's debacle 

Really looking forward to watching the toon play a famous old team in red n white playing in one of Europe's famous staduims

The famous Benfica in the one and only SOL.. .wtf was old shitheed bob Murray thinking of ? he also said his new staduim would always have one more seat than St JP.....we'll that went well:smiley6600:

Just now, Nun tumblers said:

Really looking forward to watching the toon play a famous old team in red n white playing in one of Europe's famous staduims

The famous Benfica in the one and only SOL.. .wtf was old shitheed bob Murray thinking of ? he also said his new staduim would always have one more seat than St JP.....we'll that went well:smiley6600:

And that’s their biggest problem right there. Their biggest aim in football is being better than us that’s why so many are so crushed. 

10 hours ago, midds said:

Bookies seem to think they're just as likely to go up as go down. Chances are they'll become an absolutely bang average champo team for a few years yet. 

Think they've a way to go to reach the heights of bang average.

15 hours ago, midds said:

Bookies seem to think they're just as likely to go up as go down. Chances are they'll become an absolutely bang average champo team for a few years yet. 

Is that what the bookies think or a reaction to money going on them.

3 minutes ago, madras said:

Is that what the bookies think or a reaction to money going on them.

It's what they're pricing them at :thup:

Obviously if they've all lumped on promotion based on a bit of momentum then it'll shorten the price. No idea who they've even signed tbh. 

Oh deary me, looks like exile has been up to his old tricks again. 

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/nufc-sportswashing-summer-2022.1582603/page-261#post-

In which he posts from an article I'm sure was linked on here, I know I read it and while it makes some valid points about sportswashing, the bit in particular about the fans isn't exactly how he's made it out, in fact it actually goes against what he's trying to push. If you read the article it actually says.....

"Few, if any, of their fellow fans would begrudge them that. Something of a myth has been allowed to take hold, over the last few years, about Newcastle’s fans. They have developed a reputation for being equal parts demanding and delusional, for believing their club uniquely deserving of a restoration to a place of prominence in English soccer’s firmament that it never, really, occupied in the first place.

The reality is almost exactly the opposite. All Newcastle’s fans have ever really asked for is a team that is mildly entertaining to watch, and a bit of effort from those charged with running the club. The banner made that perfectly clear. Ashley’s affront was not failing to win; it was robbing them of the hope that they might."

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2021/10/08/sports/soccer/newcastle-saudi-arabia-premier-league

What a whopper !

Edited by madras

10 minutes ago, madras said:

Oh deary me, looks like exile has been up to his old tricks again. 

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/nufc-sportswashing-summer-2022.1582603/page-261#post-

In which he posts from an article I'm sure was linked on here, I know I read it and while it makes some valid points about sportswashing, the bit in particular about the fans isn't exactly how he's made it out, in fact it actually goes against what he's trying to push.

"Few, if any, of their fellow fans would begrudge them that. Something of a myth has been allowed to take hold, over the last few years, about Newcastle’s fans. They have developed a reputation for being equal parts demanding and delusional, for believing their club uniquely deserving of a restoration to a place of prominence in English soccer’s firmament that it never, really, occupied in the first place.

ADVERTISEMENT

The reality is almost exactly the opposite. All Newcastle’s fans have ever really asked for is a team that is mildly entertaining to watch, and a bit of effort from those charged with running the club. The banner made that perfectly clear. Ashley’s affront was not failing to win; it was robbing them of the hope that they might."

What a whopper !

None of that makes sense and I have read it three times.

On 20/07/2022 at 18:12, Coffee_Johnny said:

Despite the ignoble ending, Lee Clark was excellent for them too. Bob Stokoe is held in the highest esteem, and has a statue. Similarly, his young cup final winning captain, and subsequent Newcastle legend Barry Venison. There are obviously many more. 

Very true.

On 20/07/2022 at 20:09, midds said:

Spending only one season in the Championship is quite possible 😉😉😉

Guest HTT II

The hate in there is terrible, most post a stock response of murdering supporting scum, camel nonces, 9/11 terrorist lovers and such. It’s totally warped them and the level of debate about any single thing that just so happens to be about NUFC or even just a tenuous link drags on for pages. Lots of misogynous and casual racism posts too. They repost every single Twitter post too and then laugh if make up shit. They are seriously fucked up. 

Edited by HTT II

Reposting Burnsie and Sean Casey as a way to prove their point.

Irony is that if those two were Sunderland fans (and Michael Martin for that matter), they would be nowhere near as bad as the regular whoppers on that thread.