sunderland in the EFL

Big River

Just now, Dancing Brave said:

Sunland's in the best league..Officially. 

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/the-best-league-in-england-is-the-championship.1584541/

"Was chatting to some Bournemouth fans who were gutted they got promoted."  :facepalm:

:lol: on another fucking planet like.

Bet he was obnoxiously dominating the conversation to the point of confusion on their part. Where you just say anything to agree with someone because they're so relentlessly self centred that you cannot have a normal conversation.

Fans in "enjoying winning matches" shock.

As a Newcastle fan, I enjoyed our last 2 Championship campaigns. Doesn't make it a "better league" than the PL though, that's just bobbins.

4 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

:lol: on another fucking planet like.

Bet he was obnoxiously dominating the conversation to the point of confusion on their part. Where you just say anything to agree with someone because they're so relentlessly self centred that you cannot have a normal conversation.

Wait what?

They’re something else.

On 27/07/2022 at 17:04, Optimistic Nut said:

The forward they're getting on loan from Everton was canny at Hearts last season. Wasn't prolific and missed a good chance to win the Final for them in normal time but he's a good outlet.

Did they sign that other kid they had from Everton in the end?

1 hour ago, midds said:

Wonder how they'd react if roles were reversed and Newcastle fans in a queue were spoken to by a Sunderland security guard like that? ???

I recall a ‘cheeky little rascal’ of a builder turning up to work on the Milburn stand in a red & white top on the first day Bobby Robson arrived at the club. He (somewhat sensibly on the roof…) was met with about fifty sets of keys being waved in his direction 😂 

1 hour ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

I recall a ‘cheeky little rascal’ of a builder turning up to work on the Milburn stand in a red & white top on the first day Bobby Robson arrived at the club. He (somewhat sensibly on the roof…) was met with about fifty sets of keys being waved in his direction 😂 

He was a key worker

On 26/07/2022 at 03:17, Cattletrucked said:

Stupid fuckers call us obsessed without realising we just laugh at the dozy twats. I’d say obsessed is having over 6,000 comments on a NUFC thread on their poxy rtg site. Vile mingers. 

Both fanbases are obsessed and it's class, I'm not local but find the competition about which side is less obsessed fucking hilarious (even when we clearly win it). We have ~55.000 posts in their threads since March 2016 and they've been completely irrelevant to the footballing world for five of those six seasons. :lol:

Edited by Pata

On 26/07/2022 at 11:46, llcoolc157 said:

That’s exactly what I can’t understand. Mackem was always a derogatory term that we used for them…. Just shows how fucked up they are when they choose it as a nickname… 

Naah, there’s a rich history of adopted negative epithets and turning them round. Spurs and “yid” is just one example.

9 hours ago, leffe186 said:

Naah, there’s a rich history of adopted negative epithets and turning them round. Spurs and “yid” is just one example.

I recall reading in some sociological ‘theory’ about derogatory terms that ‘Geordie’ when not used as a nickname for George, was used in the North East coalfields to refer to someone not very bright (play on ‘the Geordie’ a safety lamp invented by George Stephenson). 

1 minute ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

I recall reading in some sociological ‘theory’ about derogatory terms that ‘Geordie’ when not used as a nickname for George, was used in the North East coalfields to refer to someone not very bright (play on ‘the Geordie’ a safety lamp invented by George Stephenson). 

Did Humphrey Davey, a Cornishman I believe, invented the mining safety lamp, no?

18 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

I’ve never heard it as a derogatory term before. Of course the most recognised explanations are the mining lamp and the areas support of the Jacobite Rebellion of 1715 and George 1st. 

Isn’t Coffee Johnny also potentially a rascist term regarding skin colour alongside the fellas penchant for the hot drink in his famous reference in the “Blaydon Races”?

2 minutes ago, RS said:

I’ve never heard it as a derogatory term before. Of course the most recognised explanations are the mining lamp and the areas support of the Jacobite Rebellion of 1715 and George 1st. 

Isn’t Coffee Johnny also potentially a rascist term regarding skin colour alongside the fellas penchant for the hot drink in his famous reference in the “Blaydon Races”?

6’5” Winlaton blacksmith. Who reportedly wouldn’t leave the house in the morning without a big tankard of coffee. I can identify 😉;  never heard anything re his ethnicity.