sunderland in the EFL

Big River

31 minutes ago, Nun tumblers said:

Sir Tom Cowie one time chairman of sunderland while getting exasperated with mlf attendances, " I wish sunderlands support was as good as Newcastles":mackems:

While the knacker who built them a staduim and then named it after Benfica's Famous ground, Bob Murray " I won't settle until sol has always got one more seat than SJP"":bluestar:

Tbf they are hilarious. 

My favourite Murray (historian and fortune teller) quote within:

'Mr Murray has now been quoted as saying Sunderland cannot compete with Newcastle and Middlesbrough because "our prices are half Newcastle's prices - you just cannot compare the clubs", adding: "We're stuck between a massive city that's vibrant like Newcastle and a club at Middlesbrough who put £20m a year into the club."

Murray is clearly suggesting, according to my interpretation, that Sunderland charge half price because Sunderland is not a vibrant city and punters will not pay the full admission price.'

10/2/03

Edited by Jonas

10 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Only 2 points clear of relegation as it stands. Very unlikely but that'd be glorious. I'd spend a few million on Stewart just to have him as 4th choice and to never play.

Buy him then loaning him out to one of their relegation rivals would be pretty amusing.

19 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Only 2 points clear of relegation as it stands. Very unlikely but that'd be glorious. I'd spend a few million on Stewart just to have him as 4th choice and to never play.

The dozy fuckers are so much into human rights now I don’t think they’ve even noticed that they’re dropping quicker than a lasses knickers in Hendon. 

Just seen the results from last night [emoji38]

Fucking disastrous for them [emoji38][emoji38]

They simply must win tonight or they are in deep shit again , they are already hounding at another manager the horrible cunts .

Seeing these struggle is glorious, the petty celebration after a 1-1 draw against our reserves in a match not one single fuck was given about on here shows the small minded twats for what they are .

I hope the bastards get relegated.

2 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Honestly don't think there's any chance of them going down tbh. They've been playing without a recognised striker for a couple of months now. With their two forwards back they'll be comfortable.

Agree there's no chance of them going down. Too much dross in that league this season. I've took them on my midweek coupon tonight as they're playing Huddersfield who are the worst of the worst.

Aye, I agree completely - they'll start picking up points again when Stewart returns.  They look every bit the solid mid-table second tier stodge team to me.  I've only seen only NUFC season like that before - 90/91 - and that is still my least favourite season for that reason.  It was just utter shite.  I hope they sit there for many, many more years to come.

30 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Aye, I agree completely - they'll start picking up points again when Stewart returns.  They look every bit the solid mid-table second tier stodge team to me.  I've only seen only NUFC season like that before - 90/91 - and that is still my least favourite season for that reason.  It was just utter shite.  I hope they sit there for many, many more years to come.

It was an absolutely mind numbing and draining season. Every game seemed to end 0-0!

14 hours ago, Jonas said:

My favourite Murray (historian and fortune teller) quote within:

'Mr Murray has now been quoted as saying Sunderland cannot compete with Newcastle and Middlesbrough because "our prices are half Newcastle's prices - you just cannot compare the clubs", adding: "We're stuck between a massive city that's vibrant like Newcastle and a club at Middlesbrough who put £20m a year into the club."

Murray is clearly suggesting, according to my interpretation, that Sunderland charge half price because Sunderland is not a vibrant city and punters will not pay the full admission price.'

10/2/03

I thought it was less than half price.Remember when Quinn said he detested the mackems who didn’t go to games.

1 hour ago, RodneyCisse said:

Them getting relegated and us getting Europe would just be too much.

17 minutes ago, tomlynnherrington said:

It’s happened before

1996/97

2002/03

On one of those occasions I’m sure it went to the last game of the season.😄

96/97 last day was the best day I can remember for everything going right.  We could have finished as low as 4th, but hammered Forest 5-0 and ended up 2nd and qualified for the European Cup (Champions League) thanks to Liverpool failing to beat Sheff Wed.  The mackems AND the smoggies both could have stayed up, but the smoggies lost at Leeds and the mackems didn't get what they needed at Wimbledon, and Southampton and Coventry did.  Mackems and smoggies down, Geordies qualify for Champions League.  Bliss :) 

Edited by TheBrownBottle